Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way of getting a digital readout of speed ? This may seem a strange question but having migrated from a car with a large digital display of speed I find it hard work trying to drive at 50 km/hr which is our standard town speed in Belgium as there is no mark on the speedo for 50.

Richard

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
There are other threads here about fitting additional instrumentation using a 'sender' fitted into the fuse panel. The data from this 'portt' can then be extracted and read via a smartphone 'app'.
Seems like a bit of a *** though. Is there a way of putting a small marker in line of sight to indicate 50kph?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree, seems to be too much effort. I just wondered if it was possible to use the Sat Nav screen or info.

Richard

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Give it a couple of weeks, and you will get used to it.
The UK model doesn't have a number at 30mph, just a tiny tick, and the needle is barely off the stop at 30mph too. I kept finding myself driving at 40mph for the first few days, now I can manage to drive at 30 without thinking about it, I'm probably used to the noise and road perspective now.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Richard, do you have the speed limiter fitted on you car? If so set it to 55kph and away you go.
I call it my 'licence saver' due to the proliferation of speed cameras where I live.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Very thick rubber mat ("It's a special Nissan one darling to keep you warm") under the accelerator?

·
Registered
138 Posts
You can buy a dash-top digital read-out. I can't remember at the moment who makes it but if you Google digital speedo that should bring it up.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
lmf vauxhall did do a heads up display 3-4 wires its just a case of finding a speed pulse or converting it from the can bus

1 - 10 of 10 Posts