Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my car's on order and I can't wait!

Had a thought earlier, with the new car with the 16" two tone wheels what sort of spare do you get? Space saver? Full size steel? Or something else?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
a lovely skinny space saver with a tyre that must be made out of gold looking at the price to replace it
but atleast its got a spare unlike some cars that come with a tin of gunk

·
Registered
138 Posts
And if you want to gain a little more space in there with it...then do like me...turn over the spareand add a wooden spacer to take up the distance between the centre fixing bolt mechanism....and you can store more tools..triangles or whatever inside that wheel whereas before there was just an empty unused wasted space.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
rebus said:
And if you want to gain a little more space in there with it...then do like me...turn over the spareand add a wooden spacer to take up the distance between the centre fixing bolt mechanism....and you can store more tools..triangles or whatever inside that wheel whereas before there was just an empty unused wasted space.

Brilliant!

Never thought of that.

Driving an auto I always carry a set of jump leads. The 'extra' well will be an ideal place to store them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nigel B said:
rebus said:

Brilliant!

Never thought of that.

Driving an auto I always carry a set of jump leads. The 'extra' well will be an ideal place to store them.
Is there something about an auto that makes jump leads necessary?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I just pushed a load of stuff inside the well of the wheel when I fitted it. Yes I have to undo it and lift it up to get it out, but if I could be bothered, I would still be able to check & inflate the "spare" wheel without removing it.
I just filled the space in between the carpet and false floor with junk like tyre pump, first aid kit fan heater, cool bag etc.

·
Registered
238 Posts
An old mechanic friend of mine told me a long time ago that modern cars with all their electronics won't push start if the battery voltage drops below 8 volts unlike much older cars which would probably start with just a couple of volts of life

·
Registered
311 Posts
that can be very true , it all depends on the car, and in all fairness after working in a motor auctions you learn a few tricks of how to start cars, as a friend once said to me, if you have a running car and a non runner use the runner to push start the other, you can even sometimes on very rare occassions start and auto this way , however i wouldnt recommend itMike

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I used to have a Jeep Cherokee, proper American job. It had these chromed steel things at both ends so you could push start it with another American car. I used to call them bumpers.

They were so well attached that you jacked it up with a jack like a hi-lift that hooked into a notch in the bumper.

I wouldn't like to try pushing long grass over with the plastic rubbish we get nowadays.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts