Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to the forum but have owned Notes for some years. I am picking up a 2014 model on tuesday after putting by 57 reg in part exchange. Just need to know if the 2014 comes with a space saving spare?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hi Flo. No, there is no spare wheel supplied. They just put in a repair kit and inflator. I'd never use the kit because it messes up the tyre/wheel interior..
Luckily they have provided a spare wheel space, so what i, and most owners have done is buy a wheel and jack. You can pick them up cheaply on E bay. Just pull out the big plastic insert (one bolt) under the boot floor and fit your wheel straight in with the jack placed in the hollow of it. I bought a 'get you home' space saver Nissan wheel and tyre for a tenner and the jack was around the same.. Oh and don't forget to buy a wheel nut wrench to bung in the centre too.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Just noticed Flo... Germantyres is offering the three items (wheel n tyre, jack, and wrench on ebay for £49.95 including free postage.
'sparewheelsdirect' is offering all three for £45.
Worth checking out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I saved the insert, but I don’t know why - wheel, jack etc will stay wiith the car when it goes...

·
Registered
868 Posts
I wrapped my jack and wrench in a big rag to stop it moving around and rattling. I thought the rag would come in handy when changing a wheel.. But I'm aware that you can pick up the correct foam tool tray to hold said items securely in the wheel centre. If i can be bothered to stop by the scrap yard i guess I'd pick up one of those for a pound or two.. They're quite universal though I'd take the tape measure to be sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts