Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends of Note. I have always had large cars (NEVER NEW) my latest being a Vauxhall Omega 2.5 but recently as with a lot of people I have had to tighten my belt. I cut back on my TVpackage down to the basic's decided to cut down on holidays abroad etc etc. You know what I mean.So when I came to cutting down on the car I was really sad about getting rid of the Omega it was fully loaded, but I couldn't afford it anymore. I had £4000 to play with plus the part x. We looked around as you do and as my cousin had a Focus with a £35 tax disc I looked at those,but they were too new for me I think the latest plat Icould have gone for was a 2009 which was over my budget.
After a lotof agonising over numerous cars we chose a Nissan Note SE in blue petrol engine, Auto box 1600cc with air con. I also wanted cruise control because I suffer with a dead right foot after a few hours and the cruise would have let me get some blood to ciculate whilst maintaining my set speed. But as they say beggers can't be chooses so hear we are the proud owners of this small beautifully designed car.
I am so surprised at the handling and the comfort, it is great.Driving it carefully around town I can keep the MPG to 31. I haven't tried it on a journey proper yet.But will tell you at a later date.I am sorry for this long episode but I must tell you this . There are some speed bumps on a local road and when I first drove over them I was going at 24/5 mph and there was such a loud bang at the rear just as the the wheels dropped off the hump. It sounded like the body of the car had lifted off the suspension and banged back down again metal to metal thud. Does anyone know the the rear shockers are goosed. If I drive over the bumps about 15 to 20 mph nothing happens. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Alan

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the early notes are a bit soggy and dont take the bumps as well as the newer facelift cars some speed bumps are v bad even ones around here you cant take at much more than 15mph
i would check to see if the shocks leaking and/or the the springs are ok

·
Registered
109 Posts
my 57 plate auto does the same, more noticable on the near side rear, have to slow down coming off the stupid speed ramps that are popping up all over huddersfield lately,

only get the bad knock on 1 of the speed ramps close to my house, rest it seems to cope with without the loud bang, had it checked out and they found nothing wrong, its also gone through its MOT in feb without any trouble so im assuming its just one of those things i need to live with,

cant blame the car really, blame the local council for not providing flat smooth roads to drive on that we actually pay them to do through our road tax
traffic calming methods, speed bumps, potholes are all there to cause the maximum damage to our precious cars, no-one except us has to bear the cost of repairs so why should the road planners care about what they put us through....

phew, glad to get that off my chest lmao...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your input Paperman I have made arrangements to take the car back to the sales people and get it checked out. I suspect I wil get the same results as you. I think the speed bumps in my case are too severe but you know what will happen if I complain to the council. Yeh !!! nothing. But if you say yours passed an MOT I suppose the car isn't dangerous, and thats what really matters. Once again Thanks for you comments. Omega305

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you investigated the boot storage area cover as it occurs to me that a sudden jolt might cause this to lift and bang back down....

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
WHY are you going over a speed bump at 25mph? My neighbour's son was knocked down by a car doing 25mph and suffered a broken pelvis and numerous other injuries...if the driver had been going a bit slower he may have braked in time, rather than running over the boy with his front wheels. The point of these things is NOT to wreck your car as many seem to think, but to make you SLOW DOWN! As you said yourself when starting this thread, when you drive over the humps at 15-20mph, i.e. the speed they are designed to encourage, NOTHING HAPPENS! Please spare a thought for children...they don't think before they wander out into moving traffic as we all know, but that's small consolation to the parents AND the driver of the car that knocks them down. If I was responsible for the death of a child, my fault or not, I would hang up my keys forever.
Edited by: SneakyElephant

1 - 7 of 7 Posts