Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone from New Zealand,

I purchased a late 2012 Note E12 1.2 DIG-S ex-Japan for my wife a couple months ago. Unfortunately the Supercharger intake manifold elbow snapped just at the connection point to the Supercharger the other day - really sh*tty back country road here in NZ. I wired it closed to get to the garage, and they have epoxied it together temporarily whilst we try and find the replacement part. As they are very new to NZ and only as an import, I can't find a wrecked car at any dismantlers, and the garage was told 2 months to get one ex-Japan.

I suppose I have 2 questions, does anyone have the part number for this part? And, is there anyone that could point me to a dismantler in the UK who would send me a replacement part :)

Many thanks in advance - I've enjoyed lurking on the forum since we bought the pocket rocket.

Aaron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,707 Posts
Can't find a thing online over here in terms of one at a dismantlers.

Sadly, I don't have access to the parts manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi ya, yes - partially. Ended up getting a new intake from Japan, unfortunately it's a whole unit (not just the elbow). The elbow is very poorly manufactured so I am expecting it to not last our our roads.... yesterday, I was talking to my mechanic and we are going to get an aluminium elbow made to replace it, and then change the hard plastic connection points with rubber sleeves to reduce the vibration and create a bit of flexible movement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,725 Posts
Hi Triplexb, Welcome to the forum
. If your roads you use are as bad as you say, you should have got a land Rover. Still glas you and your mate got it sorted out
.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,725 Posts
Looked at my last post, and it lost me, "still glas you and your mate"
Who the
is "Glas"
But your Notes are a lot better than our Notes
Supercharger is driven off the crank shaft

Where our turbo'sare driven by the exhaust

There is a subtle difference
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Triplexb said:
Hi ya, yes - partially. Ended up getting a new intake from Japan, unfortunately it's a whole unit (not just the elbow). The elbow is very poorly manufactured so I am expecting it to not last our our roads.... yesterday, I was talking to my mechanic and we are going to get an aluminium elbow made to replace it, and then change the hard plastic connection points with rubber sleeves to reduce the vibration and create a bit of flexible movement.
when its done would you mind posting some pics of your replacement aluminium build
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
silverhairs said:
Hi Triplexb,Welcome to the forum
.  If your roads you use are as bad as you say, you should have got a land Rover.  Still glas you and your mate got it sorted out
.
Our other car is a Volvo T6 XC90 ;). 3x more to fill for the same km's...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HR12DDR said:
Triplexb said:
Hi ya, yes - partially. Ended up getting a new intake from Japan, unfortunately it's a whole unit (not just the elbow). The elbow is very poorly manufactured so I am expecting it to not last our our roads.... yesterday, I was talking to my mechanic and we are going to get an aluminium elbow made to replace it, and then change the hard plastic connection points with rubber sleeves to reduce the vibration and create a bit of flexible movement.
when its done would you mind posting some pics of your replacement aluminium build
No problem :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
when its done would you mind posting some pics of your replacement aluminium build
I had this issue myself and had to replace the intercooler hose up to the intercooler itself. I went with a silicone elbow to a metal downpipe. When I get home, I will post the setup.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top