Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just snapped the NSF coil spring on my 1.5 dci Note this morning, which was nice...

Looking for replacement parts and wondered if anyone’s fitted KYB Coil Springs before? They seem super cheap, around £40 for the pair, but not sure if they’re simply cheap springs or a bargain...

If there’s a brand you typically go for, would be good to know too (Sachs, Kilen, H&R,...)

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I put Sachs on mine the last time I changed them, and they have lasted ages- so long that I can't remember when I fitted them ;)

No doubt all 4 will snap next time I start the engine..........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put Sachs on mine the last time I changed them, and they have lasted ages- so long that I can't remember when I fitted them ;)

No doubt all 4 will snap next time I start the engine..........
Let’s hope not :D

Call me tight...but the price jumps to about £115 for a pair of Sachs, which I find hard to justify on my ‘economy is splendid’ Note...This has the potential to ignite some comments..., but at that price I would be tempted to got for a £160 set of Eibach springs that I’ve had on previous vehicles and loved.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
£115!!!! Crikey they have gone up. I would never have paid anywhere near that. :eek:

(I'd have had a go at cutting the ends of the old ones so they located properly and had a "slammed motor" before I got my wallet out for that much ;) )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts