Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. A question. I have a 58 diesel Tekna. The 105 bhp engine with the DPF. In the car today, joined my local motorway and noticed grey smoke in the rear view mirror from the back of the car for about 10 seconds which then cleared. I have had the car for about 3 months now and have done plenty of motorway driving but have never seen this before. Anybody any thoughts on what it might have been? I know that some diesels can be smoky but i have never noticed this with mine before today and i thought that the Nissan diesel was quite a clean engine, particularly with the DPF. Of course now my paranoid brain is hearing all sorts of noises from the engine and i'm convinced it sounds noisier than before!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Sounds like the DPF was just clearing its throat after standing overnight...if you're hearing noises that weren't noticeable before, I suggest that prevention is cheaper than a new engine. Get it to the vet and have a diagnostic done asap mate, I would. Having said that, let's hope it was just a bit of muck getting vented after a cold night.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. All seems to be well at the moment. Not nice seeing your pride and joy smoking like a chimney. LOL. I agree that it must have been the DPF having a clear out.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I would say that it is the DPF just having a clean. If it does it all the time, it's your fuel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts