Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I purchased a 64 plate Nissan Note in July 2021. It has been great so far, but I'm pleased I've discovered this site because there is one issue I need some advice with before taking my next steps.
For background, I was looking for a used car and the dealership I visited had two Notes, both 64 plates, one was a Visia with just 30,000 miles on the clock and the other was an Acenta Premium with 60,000 miles on the clock.
Despite the higher mileage, we went for the latter (because the wife thought it was more stylish and luxury) but also because it did seem like a higher quality car. I have to say that I was tempted by the lower miles of the Acenta, however.
The Acenta Premium has been fine. It drives well and is just like a good size family car. It's more versatile than something like a Fiesta because of the headroom at the back and is easily big enough - anyone who overlooks a Note is missing a trick.
It came with a three month warranty, and the only issue has been something I've potentially already seen on this forum, but I am less certain that it's the same thing. I will explain here but is this the correct part of the forum to do that?
I quickly realised that simply getting in and out of the car made it creak a little. While this didn't seem much, it became annoying because the car was otherwise in excellent condition.
I took it to the dealer. He said they'd had a good luck and couldn't find anything.
I took it to my local garage. They said okay, it's a good car in good condition, but at 7 years old there will be a few little imperfections.
They did, however, establish that the exhaust needed replacing (but it would last several more months).
When I eventually got this replaced (after the warranty ended so my own fault), the creaking sound stopped but it has now started again.
This is also there when I go over speed bumps. I don't know if it's the suspension or whether the newly fitted exhaust has come loose.
I know I need to speak to the garage but can anyone here advise me?
Thanks to you all for reading. It's great to find a Forum for Nissan Note owners.
Joseph

·
Registered
244 Posts
Creaking over speed bumps is the front anti roll bar bushes. Ours did it when it was just over a year old. Replaced with modified parts and no more issues. Not expensive or difficult to fit, budget £100 probably at local garage. But just make sure they use quality parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Creaking over speed bumps is the front anti roll bar bushes. Ours did it when it was just over a year old. Replaced with modified parts and no more issues. Not expensive or difficult to fit, budget £100 probably at local garage. But just make sure they use quality parts.
Thanks very much for this. I will go to the garage and tell them this is likely to be the issue. Do you think the car creaking when simply getting in and out will be part of the same problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Suppose it depends how bad they are. Cannot remember hearing it on ours.

Could be the seat of course.
Thanks very much for your input. It is greatly appreciated. I'm sure, from what you've said that this will be relatively straightforward to address. Happy motoring!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all, I purchased a 64 plate Nissan Note in July 2021. It has been great so far, but I'm pleased I've discovered this site because there is one issue I need some advice with before taking my next steps.
For background, I was looking for a used car and the dealership I visited had two Notes, both 64 plates, one was a Visia with just 30,000 miles on the clock and the other was an Acenta Premium with 60,000 miles on the clock.
Despite the higher mileage, we went for the latter (because the wife thought it was more stylish and luxury) but also because it did seem like a higher quality car. I have to say that I was tempted by the lower miles of the Acenta, however.
The Acenta Premium has been fine. It drives well and is just like a good size family car. It's more versatile than something like a Fiesta because of the headroom at the back and is easily big enough - anyone who overlooks a Note is missing a trick.
It came with a three month warranty, and the only issue has been something I've potentially already seen on this forum, but I am less certain that it's the same thing. I will explain here but is this the correct part of the forum to do that?
I quickly realised that simply getting in and out of the car made it creak a little. While this didn't seem much, it became annoying because the car was otherwise in excellent condition.
I took it to the dealer. He said they'd had a good luck and couldn't find anything.
I took it to my local garage. They said okay, it's a good car in good condition, but at 7 years old there will be a few little imperfections.
They did, however, establish that the exhaust needed replacing (but it would last several more months).
When I eventually got this replaced (after the warranty ended so my own fault), the creaking sound stopped but it has now started again.
This is also there when I go over speed bumps. I don't know if it's the suspension or whether the newly fitted exhaust has come loose.
I know I need to speak to the garage but can anyone here advise me?
Thanks to you all for reading. It's great to find a Forum for Nissan Note owners.
Joseph
Mine creaks on speed bumps and anti roll bar mounting bushes most likely culprits Don’t want to appear rude or personal but a heavy driver or passenger may demonstrate this creaking when getting in or out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We're not heavy - just average build :) but the creaking is there. Both dealer and local garage haven't got to the bottom of it, and garage said there was nothing to worry about - but it's not something you'd expect to find. Either way I can live with it for now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I plan to look at inboard roll bar bushes when it’s a bit warmer and apply lanolin based grease ( kind to bushes etc ) made by lanoguard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts