Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys i am wondering has anyone else been using Shell V-Power on their Notes. If so do you think it makes a difference in performance and MPG. I currently have a 1.6 Anceta R with i am getting an aveage MPG of 47.1. and about 470 miles out of a full tank. I have noticed Performance has improved and it is very nippy when you put your foot down.

I am wondering if anyone has had any improvments also ?

·
Registered
245 Posts
If I remember correctly, 5th GEAR programme did a V-POWER, 99 RON test, that said High performance engines would benefit from higher octane fuel, while lesser engines wouldnt really reap the same benefits. Still I cant see the harm in putting it in!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hello,I used Shell diesel and get around 70mpg on a tank. Most of my driving is on a dualcarriageway and only doing 60mph. I've had this up at 75mpg on a motorway run up to Lancaster and back to Chester, this dropped back down to the 70mpg when I need to fill up.
I did try the V diesel but I did not see any change at all in the mpg. I don't drive the car hard as the engine is not set up for that.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
mpg wise i find theres not much in it andthe advantaged you get frompremium isnt worth the extra ££imho
59 plate 1.6 auto tekna btw

the facelift runs a different map on the ecu its geared more towards econemy than performance the body roll of the note stops you pushing in to the corners too hard if you not careful you end up with loads of understeer, rear arb should sort it out tho

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
im happy using asda juice
, i have tried better quality but to be honest cant tell the difference

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got the 1.6 automatic and I got 44 MPG maximum on a 100 mile motorway trip yesterday(according to the on board computer- how accurate even is that?)
Will
I save money by using the more expensive fuel?

·
Registered
453 Posts
El_Panda said:
I got the 1.6 automatic and I got 44 MPG maximum on a 100 mile motorway trip yesterday(according to the on board computer- how accurate even is that?)
Will
I save money by using the more expensive fuel?

How accurate...

I've done around 5 full tanks and worked it out the old way vs the computer and they are very close with my 59 1.5

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
in my own experience El_Panda i have used shell V Power for the past 5,000 miles and i have got it up to 49mpg on a long run.it does make a difference i amsaving a small amount.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Having just the 1.4 engine means hardly worth bothering with premium fuels. I'm not going to get on Pole no matter what
However, I'd never use supermarket fuels after the problems with lambda sensors a few years back. Directly caused by contaminated petrol bought on the spot market by the people you buy groceries off, not petrol.I've also banned the missus from buying diesel from them no matter what offers they give.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Not two miles from my door is a garage that sells Super Unleaded for £1.75 per litre...I didn't even look at their diesel prices! Mind you, almost everyone in that area sports an Aston Martin or a Phantom...rich buggers. I always fill up at a little BP near Heathrow, it's a lot cheaper there if you don't mind waiting in line.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts