Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys

1) I need help with the correct oil for my car? I have a 2006 Note 1.6 SVE

I have read online via different oil brands that andI want the oil to be for all year round with no excess engine noise.

Car lube recommend 10W/40 semi synthetic
Castrol recommend 5W/30 Magnatec A1
Opie Oil recommend 5W/30

2) Also I have a bad knocking noise from the offside front. I have checked the suspension parts and its not them. It seems to be the plastic under shield for the wheel and auxiliary belt cover. Any one had this problem. Any fixes for it?

3) Also my air con stinks? It only stinks when the AC is on otherwise when the fans working its clean. Any clues my first chance is going to be pollen filter. But if that fails what do I do?

Thanx for the help guys appreciate it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also forgot last one I have a k n air filter the element one. How do i go about cleaning it. Do I need the k n cleaning spray or can I spray something else.

Apprciate the help guys.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the reccomended oil is fully synthethic 5w30 (castrol edge, magnatec)
the air con needs cleaning first thing todo is change the cabin filter (5 screws to take the glovebox out and then unclip the filter cover and pull the filter out)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont have the book for the note. is that what is recommended by Nissan. what if i put in 10/40. what will happen?

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Your engine will not be as well protected at lower temperatures as the oil will be thicker when cold and offer less protection during the vital 'warm-up' phase.

As to the air con, if it still smells after you have changed the pollen filter then get it properly serviced. DO NOT use one of the 'solution in a can' offerings, they are cr*p. A proper AC service will cost you upwards of £70 for an anti-bacterial clean, regas and check.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx for the answers guys appreciate the help.

5w30 castrol magnatec it is then guy

whats carlube oil like.

Any1 know about the knocking noise?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
use the correct oil dont cheap out 5w30 fully synthethic or dont bother wrong oil will cause extra wear on the internals and may cause the the nozzles that feed the cam chain to block up
in short the engine may go bang, or blow a head gasket among other things in the long term, treat the engine right and it shoulld never let you down

·
Registered
20 Posts
As above.. At least changing your own oil you know it's had the correct oil.
Halfords occasionally have fully synthetic castrol magnatec 5w 30 for £17. Got myself 2 x 4 litres.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts