Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any DIY service Nissan Note owners out there I recently purchased a service kit from ebay and the seller is a Nissan main dealer.For £30 delivered I got 5 L of Nissan oil, an oil filter along with copper sump plug washer, pollen filter and air filter all genuine Nissan in Nissan packaging.
The transaction was a1+ etc and all arrived as described. Just thought I would share with fellow owners.
You submit your reg number to ensure that you get the correct parts etc....

As you will all know the pollen filter, air filter and oil and filter change is a super simple job with little mechanical knowledge required and if your car is getting on and out of warranty etc may be worth DIY and save lots of money.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds like a great deal, do you have any idea how the cost of this stacks up vs buying thingsseparately?

Eitherway thanks for pointing this out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
What about changing the oil in Auto box?? Should that be considered at some point in the life of an automatic Note???

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
auto box does not need an oil change unless there are problems or you driving enviroment is hazardous i.e. extremely hot ambient temps etc

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tommo56. Tommo I did some research on the box ages ago and spoke to a main dealer and as far as i can recall the box is a sealed for life unit i think with no requirement to change the fluid.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi will price up with a main dealer to buy individually and post as soon as I get the answer, will be way in excess of what I paid, I'm guessing the oil alone will be over £30.Just thought it was good to share with fellow owners who like to save £££££ in these harsh times.
I'm currently running two cars so have to shop around and make ends meet, the car tax on my Tekna auto is pricey too.

Just wondering anyone considered or got an LPG converted Nissan Note out there?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Priced up the service kit with Holdcroft Nissan today and for exactly the same stuff its £71.76 including VAT, thats a huge £42.26 saving as I paid £29.50 all in delivered from ebay.Fair saving for exactly the same parts!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Any idea of the name of the Ebayer?? So we can get a geniune service kit? (as opposed to a genuine Nusson
service kit? ) .

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Tommo its beadlesnissan, good feedback 99. something so no worries. Like I say cheap as chips genuine parts, I'm just keeping the bits i don't need to change yet such as my pollen filter as I've just done that and paid £12 from Eurocarparts just for this. Let me know how you get on pal.BOBBYBINGO

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ive had a quick look... seems (at the moment) the only Note Service Kit they supply doesnt include the pollen filter. Still good value though ... even includes spark plugs !!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you ask for the pollen filter instead of spark plugs the price is the same. This is what i did.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nope... they didnt want to know. Said the cabin filter would be an extra £21.86 inc. VAT

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi mate James is the guy I sorted it with but I used my wife's name so I'm guessing he's a little more helpful with the ladies LOL. May be worth buying the service kit and Eurocarparts for the pollen filter (think I paid about £12), if you go on there you can input your reg number and look up the price of the part, I've just looked putting my wife's reg no in and Bosch brand is £15.54 and un-named brand is £12.90. Every time I get a price from them (Eurocarparts) over the phone I ask for a discount and they often but not always reduce the price from the web site price. Good luck.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just usedmy genuine Nissan oil, filter and sump washer which I purchased from Ebay as part of a service kit on my wife's 1.6 Tekna automatic and the little beauty is running like a sewing machine.No issues with the parts at all and took it to Formula 1 autocentre who charged me £15 labour all in to do the job and stamped the service book and provided a receipt which stated had used genuine Nissan oil, filter and sump plug. Had not realised but had only covered 3000 miles since the last service on 21/10/2011.
The job by Formula 1 also included a check over, tyres, filled washer bottle and some other checks etc for free and they did not try to sell me anything at all so thumbs up to the Formula 1 guys.
Just thought I'd post an update, very happy with the parts and Ebay purchase.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts