Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today im going to cts at south shields to buy all i need to service my note, im hoping it makes a big improvement as hasn't been serviced for 20000miles terefore the filters will be done & the oil is black & a bit lumpy,, will let u all know how it goes thanks.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
You will notice a big difference IF you use a flush before you do the oil change.
I did it and the acceleration was vastly improved.

·
Super Moderator
2,021 Posts
If the oil is that bad, as Sineu says, I would recommend oil flush in the present oil, and run for 30 - 40 miles or so, to get the engine up to normal running temp. Then drain and refill using flushing oil and a new filter. Drive for a a few days, then check what the oil is like for clarity. If still black, use flushing oil again. Drive a few more days, then check again for clarity. If it's not too bad, then change the oil with a decent product, together with a new filter.
This will work out quite expensive to get the oil back to 'normal'. But a lot cheaper than an engine rebuild or replacement.

I did the same a few months ago, and the clarity of my oil at this present time is very good, and a whole heap better than it was.
As you know, oil and filter are the things that tries to keep your engine in good condition, and should never be ignored. Extending the regularity of an oil change will inevitably damage your engine. Do not skimp on oil changes.
My diesel has done 266, 000kl, and still runs as sweet as a nut, as I change the oil/filter on a more regular basis, over and above the recommendations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys im actually running it with an oil flush & will run it again tomorrow morning just to get upto temperature as the oil actually looks ok now & should be able to drain it all out in morning. Thanks again for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts