Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

Great site I must say!

We've just bought a 2009 1.6 Auto Note Acenta with around 19,000 miles covered! (ex mobility car! not that makes any differencehopefully)

What a great car. We've had various cars in the past all of varying makes and specification. But the Note appears to be ticking all the box's. We didn't buy it for the familyfriendlydesign but for the Nissan supposed reliability, funky design and comfort.

I've been scanning the forums for useful bits of info, do's and don'ts etc.

I'vegot an ESP question! Ihaven'tbeen able to find the answer within in the forums, so I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction of where to post my question?

Many thanks in advance.

Pifrus

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

depends on what the question is! but try technical if it's a fault.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply.

The question is I suppose.

Should the model Note that I have, have ESP fitted? Nissan say yes! Butthere isn't anydashboard lights, or an On/Off switch anywhere! There is isn't any indication at all!

Is this a technical question in case its faulty?

Many thanks

Pifrus

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
the ESP light will illuminate at switch on, if fitted ( all lights on dashboard come on at switch on)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that everyone.

It looks like I've bought one without it being fitted as standard!! not quite what I had planed!

a little bit disappointed with my first Nissan dealership experience who still say it should have it. ( I didn't buy it from the dealership I must say)

Never mind.

Thanks for every ones help.

Pifrus

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
mine doesn't have it and don't want it either

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mdvineng

That'sinteresting! Whywouldn'tyou want it? all my previously recent cars have had it and given that more and more car manufacturers are fitting it as standard, right or wrong I guessed it was a good thing?

We get a fair amount of slippy road conditions up here, (northern Highlands) and I always felt even if youtailoryour speed to the driving conditions there is inevitably a time when your surprised by some thing unexpected. I must admit in our previous car which did have it, when surprised by a dopey stag one evening I would say the ESP was noticed when taking avoiding action.

But as I say please give me your opinion why youwouldn'twant it?

Perhaps I've beensuckeredin to the society of we must have the latest this and that safety feature to survive!!

Many thanks.

Pifrus

·
Registered
276 Posts
Here's a thought..

I was out in the snow on Saturday and have to say I quite enjoyed "throwing the car around" a bit (but then I did do some rallying years ago!).

I've no experience of them, but I do wonder what effect these ESP-type things have when you have some ability at controlling a sliding car? I would guess that you can find yourself fighting against the electronics rather than it helping?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
As an ex racing motorcyclist and single seat car racer, I prefer my control to that of a chip, if only one of the sensors fitted to make this system functionis faulty or sluggish in response thewhole thing is possibly more dangerous than not,as the driver will be expecting the system to look after him and when it doesn't, it's too late! So I'll stick to reading the road as far ahead as I can and the prevailling conditions, as to animals leaping out of the side, if it's that close nothing will help! in my racing days I have been hit by a dog (expensive and painfull) a pine martin and a seagull(messy and smelly as it came through the front fairing), only I survived all three, the dog ran back to it's house.I find that if you make things" safer and safer" people take less care and even less attention.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mdvineng

That's a different objective opinion! Thanks for that.
Ill strike that off the the things to worry about list.
Now to worry about why the mpg seems to be no more than 30mpg.

Many thanks again.

Pifrus

1 - 12 of 12 Posts