Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum so please be gentle with me.

My wife bought a 59 reg Note N-Tec at the weekend. She loves the car but we may have a problem with the sat nav. It seems to show us in a position around a half mile from where we are. We did about 60 miles over the weekend and most of the time our location seemed to be in fields or housing estates when we were on A roads. It's under warranty but if it's something simple that we've done wrong that could be a bit embarrasing. Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
strange one that, only had this problem with a trip out to the middle of knowhere in linconshire where there was a problem with a post code
the sat nav may need a reset, as its under warrenty take it back as these connect system run into the best part of £3k at the dealers to replace and fit

·
Registered
453 Posts
Flash is right, take it back and get them to resolve the issue.

Mine at the w/e stopped talking to me. Wetried everything, but could not get her to talk to us,cancelled route, switched voice off and back on. However, she came back afterwe had stopped for lunch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i had a similar problem i found i had left it in demo mode in the sat nav setup menu. switched demo mode off and it started working fine also lost direction voice on the same journey started working againafter parking up for a couple of hourshope this is of some help

cheers

vince

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Rich Note said:
Flash is right, take it back and get them to resolve the issue.

Mine at the w/e stopped talking to me. Wetried everything, but could not get her to talk to us,cancelled route, switched voice off and back on. However, she came back afterwe had stopped for lunch.
Buy her some flowers and a box of chocs, she'll soon come around

·
Registered
1 Posts
Firt time for me in the Nissan Owners Club so bear with me if I have posted in the wrong place!

I have recently acquired a Note Ntec+ with5000 miles 1st reg in April 2012. I too am experiencing some very strange SatNav problems - on certain junctions i am told to turn left right or left left. On a recent trip around Fulham it was telling me to turn left left and then immeditely left right. To say I found this confusing
is an undertstatement and in the end i simply had to turn it off!!!

Any ideas how this can be rectified.

If it is a warranty issue can any main dealer fix it or doI need to go back to the original selling dealer (it is a Nissan Cared 4 vehicle) The selling dealer is rather a long way to go back to!

Thanks for any advice in advance

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
You will occasionally get the left then immediately left where the streets are closely packed. As example, near where I live there is a juction with, effectively, two left turns one sharp left one a gentle left.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi there just got my note second hand 2012 with connect sat nav factory fited installed love it however I have same problem with the sat Nav showing you in the wrong place did the system check and no GPS signal short in antenna found so I pulled out the thing to see what was up I noticed the GPS antenna had came done and the connector plug female part broken so a new GPS antenna is required but also the blue male fakra is missing from the back prob lost behind dash now can you get new one or is that it broken

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Flash's post about in the middle of nowhere in Lincolnshire. At the far end of the Newark by-pass, they have built a new road, and if you have a 2011/2012 chip, you will find yourself in the middle of a field
. Have you the latest chip in your sat nav?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
if the plug has snapped it needs a repair - spares for these units are not easy to get hold of - the fakra plug you can buy on there own cheaply, you may find the broken part in the plug still
I may have the pcb fakra connector from a scrap board but im not sure as I have just cleared a load of stuff out

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dam can you not just cut both ends off the plug part the wires and tape the thing up again is that the unit wasted then? Come to mending the car still has a year warranty sould I just take it to dealer would it be covered?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Having read all the posts about problems with the operation of the Nissan satnav, the exorbitant cost of updates and the seeming impossibility of getting the SD card hacked, I think I can offer a solution that is both cheap and effective.
Just before I bought my Note, I'd bought a nice little Mio Move satnav for about £40. If I want maps of Europe it'll cost another £50, still less than half the cost of a simple update from Nissan. My little satnav works flawlessly and comes with FREE updates, four times a year (and they really are updates). It is no more inconvenient to use than in any other car without satnav built in and if it breaks I'll just bin it and get another - and ISTILL won't have paid as much as the update on the Nissan!
Don't be ripped off when there are alternatives!

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Tomtom are a far superior sat nav proposition also with life long up grades, with a 5" screen. It may cost a few quid more, but it's better value. Highly thought of in the motoring press.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If anybody like me with the same problem as the original poster finds this thread I will share how I sorted out this problem. I was at the point of giving up and buying a portable Sat Nav after my Connect was showing me about 2 miles from where I was. I had restored the system to Factory Settings and still had the issue. But Low and behold I tried resetting it again and this time it did the trick. My unit has now been working fine for two weeks so basically I reset it twice!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Had this problem with my old note.

The only way I could it to be more accurate was to put finger on screen and drag pointer to you locatio and then save, worked fine after that!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts