Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. What a great forum. I'm the proud owner of a 2010 1.4 N-Tec and I'm loving it. Had to scrap my 2002 (from new) Vitara 2 weeks ago so I've got 8 years of technology to play with. The sat nav was telling me to turn left when I knew it was right (and vice-versa). Quite funny, and a novelty because I've never had sat nav before but wouldn't be good if I didn't know where I was going.
I bought an update 2020/21 SD Card V10 from eBay. £17.99 (I know...but a Nissan one was £109) and it loaded in great. All it is, because I wouldn't have a clue what to compare it with, is that the version that shows on the screen after loading said "SD2 - GENH_Eb H.AV4.
It's the V4 at the end that troubles me. My question is: Have I got a genuine 20/21 V10 update or a Version 4?
Any help would be gratefully appreciated as I haven't left feedback for the seller yet, and I like too. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Hi P.J,
My card was 6 years old so i bought a 2020 replacement.
My crude test was to drive the car to a couple of recently built housing estates.
I was pleased to see that they mostly showed up, all except the very newest nearly completed one. I guess you'll never achieve perfect up to date mapping with a connect system but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi P.J,
My card was 6 years old so i bought a 2020 replacement.
My crude test was to drive the car to a couple of recently built housing estates.
I was pleased to see that they mostly showed up, all except the very newest nearly completed one. I guess you'll never achieve perfect up to date mapping with a connect system but i could be wrong.
Thank you for that Jymmer. Yesterday I spoke to the car dealer friend (who I bought it off) and he said that even though they might advertise an update each year, the updates aren't actually updates. So by all accounts the 20/21 update marketed as Version 10 is still the same as the original Version 4. Seems a bit cheeky to me and possibly breaching some rules & regs. Hey-ho!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Thank you for that Jymmer. Yesterday I spoke to the car dealer friend (who I bought it off) and he said that even though they might advertise an update each year, the updates aren't actually updates. So by all accounts the 20/21 update marketed as Version 10 is still the same as the original Version 4. Seems a bit cheeky to me and possibly breaching some rules & regs. Hey-ho!
Interesting! Well i can only speak for my own unit and it always annoyed me that the newish estate where my daughter lived did not show on the original card maps.
As soon as i fitted the replacement hey presto there it was.
On the wife's car she has a garmin unit with free map updates.
I'd venture to say that maybe the nissan connect system wasn't their finest idea but there you go.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
94 Posts
There are at least two different things on a card:
  • The map data, which is updated every year. Its version is probably V10 for 20/21.
  • The map software, it is rarely changed. Even on latest E12 card, it is still of 2014. It seems Version 4 is to denote the software.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aah! Thank you so much for that kptg...(y) I've left them good feedback now. Next thing to sort is the Airbag Squib. The controls on the steering wheel ain't working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts