Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies for this. I posted this last week (as a newcomer) but unable to find replies as I've now learned I should've posted in specific area (duh)Have a Tekna 09. Has anyone had any problems with the Satnav throwing a hissy fit? Mine sometimes wanders completely off course. ie I'll be on the correct road but the display is showing an area 20mile away. I clean the card. Take it back to factory settings . It then tells me I need to be on a DIGITISED road for it to work?? Any other members experienced this? Welcome advice would be appreciated as it is now happening frequently. Cheers

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Yes, had it a few times in rural west Wales where the track we were driving down was not on the Navteq database.
If you are getting this in an urban area perhaps it's a new road not on your SD card (you need to update it see other threads for details of costs etc.). If it's an established road then you have a fault (perhaps try another SD card).

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
ah the wondering connect, if it cant find a digitized road usually means your in a field or a carpark and its not on the map
does it do it on olderA/B roads as if its a newish road it may not be on the map you have ?

other thing to check is the direction in the sevice menu if it thinks its in reverse the connect gets confused

is the car still in warrenty ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments. When it's happening the car is being driven in well established city roads and dual carriageways. When it falters, usually, all I get on display is the direction arrow and the compass arrow (which is pointing in the correct direction) sometimes roads but miles away from where I actually am. It's just out of warranty.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
check the direction in the hidden service menu

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
i thought you said you did a factory reset ? anyhoo
Press and hold the setup button

Use the knob underneath on the same side and turn it.................

3 clicks to the left
6 clicks to the right
3 clicks to left

·
Registered
11 Posts
HI Shaunhenry
I have the exact same model as yourself for about 9mths now, I have a 2011
map card fitted but i hve used the GPS a good few times What a strange lady and ohh those spocken commands.

Anyway back to business I am not happy with the total mapping experience
it is parc,but having said that as yet i have not had your sort of problem.

I much prefer the mapping of my 10yr. old TomTom even without map up grades it still gets me there.
Sparky Pete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts