Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
New to the forum and with a newish (2010) diesel N-Tec. Great car to press but I need a roof rack.
I have a pair of the bars which go across the car, which are a remnant from the last car. What I need is a pair of roof rails, these normally go down the length of the car on each side and they bolt to the car roof.
I have searched the forum but can't find any reference to this type of rack.
There is a plastic strip on each side of the Note roof but there seems no provision for it's removal to allow me to fit the rails. Ebay is a bit confusing on the subject.
Is the note capable of having these rails fitted? Do Nissan or anybody else make them? If so has anybody any ideas where I can buy them.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
276 Posts
The only "attachments" (racks, boxes, bars...) I've ever seen on a Note have been based on bars which clamp side-to-side across the roof and are secured into the door openings.
Personally I've not seen any of the rails such as you describe on a Note (but that doesn't mean there aren't any!)

Have you tried looking on any 'up-market' roof rack sites (e.g. Thule) to see what options they offer?

Edited by: GeorgeP56

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
No rails only bars and the maximum load is VERY limited (I think when I read the accessories brochure it was a MAXIMUM of 45kg.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi
Thanks George and Nigel for the input. It looks as though I have found the first "Can't do" with my new toy. I am averse to the door fitting clamp type of rack, I had one come off at speed once. Pity really for the sake of a couple of welded nuts at the production stage. But I hpe I will find the benefits of the Note outweigh this minor niggle. Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts