Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New to the forum and really need some guidance on how to identify the type of roof bars I need for my car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I used Thule Foot pack 754 (about £100!) which is the foot pack ONLY. So then you also need the metal clamps, which they call Fitting Kit, (ie rubber protection parts + metal ‘hooks’) that go down to the window area and secure the feet to the roof, which is Thule 1399 (about £36) (different cars have different fitting packs). And I bought square Thule roof bars (762) as they are the same rectangular shape (so fit) but are wider (135cm) than the note’s (118cm) (761) or sometimes recommended (769) (127cm) version. Beware don’t go even wider (eg 160cm) as there is a slotted part in the rails that is required and wouldn’t work with note roof - the feet would be too wide apart. So 135cm version is the max.

So in short 754 + 1399 + either 762 or 769 bars.

sometimes you can look for qashqai (‘07 to ‘13) set on ebay as then it has wider bars plus foot pack which are the same and you just buy fitting kit 1399 new from Halfords. Or from Juke which has same bars as note (narrower 761s) and same footpack so again just need 1399 from halfords. Or Range Rover Evoque 2011-18. Or Land Rover freelander 2. Those options widen the chances of you finding a set secondhand on ebay.

eg here’s foot pack for £33 delivered:

then get roof bars and 1399 separately. Don’t bother with optional locks they can be ripped out easily.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help! Just a quick question - I am struggling to find the Thule Fitting Kit 1399 (I managed to get the foot pack). Any idea whether there is some compatible fitting kit?

·
Registered
168 Posts
There’s one here, offer him 20 quid buy it now? I don’t know of any other. But I think halfords can order them for you
Ebay ad
This guys got the full roof bars & set for 20quid! If you’re anywhere near Leicester
Gumtree

1 - 4 of 4 Posts