Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, todays Note related question is:-
with the last couple of bad winters-snow and ice , how did your note perform?-were they well behaved or not?

awaiting you replys, thanks in advance

Spartacus1961

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
better than most, never let me down and drive quite well on icy roads i.e. predictable.

·
Registered
109 Posts
same as mdv, slid about a little on icy roads but i wasnt alone on that one, wasnt left stranded in the snow and ice so am happy, started ok, ran ok

only thing that seemed to not work as it should were the auto wipers, they sort of had a mind of their own when it snows,,,,sorted by going back to manual mode lol, we do get lazy with automatic stuff

i even get bugged now because my lights dont come on when its overcast and raining,,,,,thats just me being lazy....

overall winter driving im more than happy with

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
1.6 auto i had no problems in the snow part from digging the bugger out just took it easy and feathered the throttle
the snow did eat my oem wiper blades tho

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
paperman said:
i even get bugged now because my lights dont come on when its overcast and raining,,,
However they do come on in a morning when the sun blazes down from a cloudless sky....

Go figure

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
No problems here as the council were out gritting in the early hours. However I well remember the terrible winters of the late 70s and early 80s...driving mostly RWD cars on sheets of pure ice is wonderful training for later life. 1979/80 was a DREADFUL winter, snow halfway up the front door and no public transport due to the terrible road conditions. Also 1982 was pretty bad...it snowed skipfuls.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Yes I remember that one.
As I always say "in The Olden Days..." we had proper snow. I remember when you used to drive in two black lines on the road, and the centre of the lane was a mass of lumps of ice, used to be like it for weeks. We just drove to work no problem. Nowadays, a sprinkle of snow and the whole place is gridlocked.
I remember turning into our estate in my old spittie and spinning 1 1/2 turns, so it was facing the other way. In The Olden Days of course, people used to park on their drive rather than on both sides of the road, so you could spin round and not hit anything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
1962 was the worst winter for me driving to
Triumph motor cycles at Meridan from Great Barr.
The roads were like ploughed fields for ages. Had to
fight the desire to turn back at Stonebridge every day,
Couldn't afford a day off then! Only posh people had heaters
and demisters too.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've only had mine for a year and we have not had that much snow. What little we have had in Chester and North Wales, it was fine. I did put new tyres on in December.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts