Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
I'm just buy my Nissan note 1.5 hdi n-tec, very happy user so far ;-).
Just wonder can we fit reverse camera or sensors to Nissan connect dashboard screen?
dose any body try that?, or maybe somebody has sensors fit by dealer?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
it is possable to fit rear sensors all you get is a beep to tell you your to close it not intergrated into the connect
you can wire up the rear camera but the connect system has to have the correct firmware, hardest part is finding the pins to fit the connector on the back of the connect (top white plug) nissan do not sell them and the makers only sell them by the box quanity of 5,000

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
is it a connect ??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry. Yes it is. That's was an obvious mistake. I can't believe I didn't write that it is a connect.
Here's the full story. I have reversing sensors and I'm pretty boss at parking anyway so I don't care about the camera.
I'm planning to modify the wiring at the back of the stereo and make the input a phono type plug for the video. And for the sound I'll use the standard audio auxiliary. Then I'll put a switch to turn on a positive charge which will go into the reverse switch to fool the stereo into thinking I'm in reverse.
This way, I can use the screen to watch video from just about anything. But all this is for nothing if the firmware won't allow the reverse camera anyway.
So, does anyone have any idea if the firmware will be ok. And secondly, does anyone know where I can find the wiring diagram for the plugs which go in the back of the stereo? Please?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I have the diagrams for the connect some times the camera isnt activated and just needs turning onviaa consult
on the top plug you have a ground and signal then youhave a 6v line and ground for the camera power, you also need to supply 12v to turn the camera on,to the reverse pin on the connector

pm me your email address (please dont post it on the forum) and i will send you the pdf

Edited by: flash22

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
we tried this a year ago in order to get video's on screen via a dvd player and it is possible but with 1 drawback , the red and yellow parking lines you see on screen are hard coded and not part of the camera picture so when we got video's to play the parking lines remained over the video sadly so we gave up on that idea

to access the connects hidden files inc firmware you hold down the setup button while you turn the right hand side main scroll button 90 degs anti clock then 180 degs clockwise then 180 degs anti clock and the hidden menu will appear on screen , non of it is changable but you can at least view them

Edited by: craigfishin

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its changeable via consult so im told the menu you on about is the service menu

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
yes mate the service menu , it will tell him which firmware he has

whats consult ????

·
Registered
245 Posts
Consult is Nissan Fault diagnosis handheld device. It plugs into an output from the car, possibly under the steering wheel, from there the technician can find out what fault has been triggered.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
consult 2 and the later consult 3 is nissans diagnostics equipment it does every thing from programing keys to setting the bcm
most dealers have the same sort of systems ie. vauxhall's system is called Tech 2

·
Premium Member
248 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
just a quick post
from my notes over the last few years.....................

the reversing lines can be turned off via consult but its finding a dealer willing to do it is another matter (or the knowledge to do it)

had to recallibrate my screen this morning but you can do that via the service menu so nice and easy

·
Registered
50 Posts
You don't need a Consult! NissanConnect is not connected to LAN (CAN)!
Just siple try to play with grounding of pins 21-24 (EQ1-EQ4) . The combination of grounding this pins may be a configuration settings. On NOTE pin23 is grounded. On JUKE - 23, on QQ - 21&23.

Nobody know the purpose of this pins and what they mean.

Please ask your friends from other related Nissan cars forums, for some more info.

As well i'm looking for service manuals (ESM) for Nisan cars equipped with Nissan Connect for more deep analise of it connection and features.

Welcome to our russian NOTE owners forums - http://nissan-note.info and www.clubnote.ru

All the best and thank's,

Vladimir
Edited by: MVladimir

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
MVladimir said:
You don't need a Consult! NissanConnect is not connected to LAN (CAN)!
Just siple try to play with grounding of pins 21-24 (EQ1-EQ4) . The combination of grounding this pins may be a configuration settings. On NOTE pin23 is grounded. On JUKE - 23, on QQ - 21&23.

Nobody know the purpose of this pins and what they mean.

Please ask your friends from other related Nissan cars forums, for some more info.

As well i'm looking for service manuals (ESM) for Nisan cars equipped with Nissan Connect for more deep analise of it connection and features.

Welcome to our russian NOTE owners forums - http://nissan-note.info and www.clubnote.ru

All the best and thank's,

Vladimir
the consult is needed to turn the reverse line off and to activate the reverse camera

i have sent you the information on the connect and the note fsm please note. that the american connect system uses different pinouts as these can have the sat radio add on

edit. the consult system can be used over usb aswell as obd2, i have been trying to locate the tech documents from bosch but have had no luck finding them

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
50 Posts
flash22 said:
the consult is needed to turn the reverse line off and to activate the reverse camera

i have sent you the information on the connect and the note fsm please note. that the american connect system uses different pinouts as these can have the sat radio add on

edit. the consult system can be used over usb aswell as obd2, i have been trying to locate the tech documents from bosch but have had no luck finding them

Thanks a lot foruseful fsm link !! This is for cars of "first renovation" models (2008-2010). The ESM marked 06e11e (well known over Internet) is for"Base style" models (2006-2008). Current models ESMhave a Publication Number: SM9E00-1E11E0E (2010 till now) we looking for it, but not find as of today.
We don'tuse american NissanConnect system - they really have different pinouts and have a SatRadio. The other pdf is from JUKE esm and we already have it. Anyway - thank's again

Beleive me - our multymedia/navigation system is NOT connected to LAN (CAN) of the car. I.e. we don't need a CONSULT to do something inside it. We have no chance to see it in CONSULT.......

Please wait a little and I send you our "investigation" around audio system in current eNOTE cars with NissanConnect installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just installed a reversing camera, wireless connections, dashboard mounted 3.5" monitor...Works great!cost:
Dashboard TFT LCD 3.5" Monitor $27.7
Reverse Camera Fitted in Licence plate light $ 15.3

Wireless rear view camera ( incl sender/reciever module) $ 20

Eventually, this dashboard monitor will be replaced by a monitor combined in the rear view mirror.

The installation was relatively easy, the only part to complete is to eliminate the power supply using the cigar lighter by tapping directly a 12 volt supply behind the dashboard.
the camera only comes on when the car is in reverse, this isachievedby tapping the power to the reversing light for the transmitter./rear view camera)

this is the final result.... (looks like I screwed up the photo loading....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.