Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Hope I've posted this in right place? Wondering if it is possible to add a USB connection to this radio, I've had the unit out the dash and there are 5 connection on the back. these appear to be as follows
1. power/controls/speakers
2. Mic for bluetooth
3. Aux connection
4. aerial
5. unused small 8-9 pin connection.

I've noticed that most of the pins aren't used on the mic and aux plugs and was wondering if it's a case of taken a usb extension cable cutting the end off and connecting the wires to the right pins or is it a no go.
Haven't been able to find a service manual for this radio yet, does anybody know where I can download one from?

Thanks

Brian

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Only if it's got USB written on the front panel - the face lift models have USB active but some don't have the connector

Wiring isn't a problem but sourcing the plug is, I'm not on the px at the mo but will have a lock later today for you

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Flash and George,

If it's got changer control/connection does this mean that one of those boxes you plug into the back will work such as a x-link? and i'll be able to control a flash drive from steering wheel controls.

thanks

Brian

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I don't recall ever seeing one for this stereo
tbh best bet is togo with alater stereo or go the aftermarket route in the long run these too options will be cheaper, the newer stereos are mp3 compatible you can get 120 odd tracks on a cd so no need for a cd changer

I run a 4gb pen drive on my connect and that holds plenty of music

sorry about the link that's the autocorrect on my itouch changing things

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Flash
Think you're right was trying to save money but it looks like it will be cheaper to replace unit with something newer. I do have a parrot module screen and control laying around but no cables :-( might see if I can find the right one for stereo and try that until I can afford a new unit.
Thanks again
Brian

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
ah theydo the parrot leads both autoleads and connects2 do them
standard sot leads are cheap enough iirc the sot-918 is the lead but you will need to double check it

liquid ice on ebay have these for £12.50

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found the cables for the Parrot and waiting for sot lead in the post, hopefully I have something to play with next week :)
Regards
Brian

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
it should be plug and play but you may find you need to swap the live and perm live if it doesn't hold its settings
its a good few yearssince ive fitted a parrot/nokia kit

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
New sot cable has arrived plus new screen cable as end missing off old one?? If I get time tonight I'll fit it and post some pictures and notes in the how to section.
Regards
Brian Edited by: Coolbusby

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Need a permanent live pin 6 or 16? Can't get the end of my tester in connector. Anybody know

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorted pin 7 is the ignition, pin 19 permanent live and pin 20 ground. The autolead harness had pin 8 as ignition and find your own live, made the new connections on the adaptor harness to save cutting any of the original car cables. Will need to tidy up the cables and mount the box properly this weekend then I'll post a how to

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tested my "system" today, works well though I need to workout how to make the bluetooth music streaming louder. Transferred my cd music collection onto a usb key and need to get the vinyl out the loft
can use my phone to stream internet radio, boy do the yanks have some cranky!? stations.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts