Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 57 plate Note Tekna with the 6 disc facelift autochanger installed which is ok, but not my cup of tea. I would like to buy a Nissan Connect system, I understand that I'd need the GPS antenna, USB/3.5mm socket and lead as I only have the 3.5mm input in the top compartment.

Is there anything else I'd need to fit it myself? Can I use the existing wiring that's there?

Mike.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
most of it just plug and placing stuff depending on what plugs are in the car to start with tbh
you willhave to measure the 6 disc face as the old 6 disc uses a different surround iirc the facelift 6 disc is the standard din size same as the connect

items you will need

Connect unit (with code)
GPS unit
Aux/usb port and lead (you can make up your own lead out of a usb extention lead instead)
mic plug / adapter
Mic

adapter cable andaerial adapterto suit you plugs in the car (some cars dont need them some do)

Ps.I deleted your pm by mistake im in kent not far from the darford tunnel/bridge fitted a few of the connects but have the factory fitted connect in my car

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Here's a pic of my current headunit:

Along with the top input for my iPhone:

If I am able to get all the parts needed, would you be able to fit it for me( obviously I'd give you some money towards it) as I really don't fancy a several hour journey there and back, what with the wife just having a baby and myself working long hours it'll be a killer!! I'm unsure of what connectors I have, as I haven't removed the stereo yet- mines a Tekna model, so it has the mic already installed, not sure if you can use it with the connect system though. Would I have to change the cubby part to accept the USB/ 3.5 mm socket as they appear to not sit upright like mine does, or can I get away with just swapping the socket over?

Thanks for your help. :)

Mike.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
cubbywill be a problem if you want to use theusb, if youcant get the aux/usb lead and port you can make a lead up (thread on the forum) and just have a lead in the cubby or glove box
pop the radio out its 4 screws2 underneath and 2 in the cubby, iirc you should have the correct power lead you will need a mic adapter an possablly another mic

you couldtry"kent auto salvage"breakers in sittingborne (gas road)) for parts or bobbins if its closer

its a bit of a journey to get where you are for me

·
Registered
3 Posts
Drpepper, did you manage to fix the nissan connect system to your tekna.I have 2008 Tekna with 6 CD changer and I am planning to upgrade to satNav one, is it an easy transition?

what parts would I require, and does it settle in fine.
thanks

Edited by: uetian98

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi,

Yes I managed to retrofit it just fine. I was lucky enough to get hold of a bargain buy on EBay with all the bits needed to swap over my existing 6 cd head unit for the connect system.

Being as you have like me a 2008 model you won't have the problem of the surround not fitting like you get from earlier models with the crappy 6 cd unit without the big grey dial on the front. You'll need the connect unit- obviously, sat nav gps aerial, usb cable and socket. Also, although I never bothered with is to change the existing connector wiring to enable you to use the mic situated above near the rear view mirror( depending on what model spec Note you have) installation took me all of half hour and it all works great.

Mike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts