Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just wondering if it's possible to fit anauxiliaryinput to a pre facelift note, without having to install a new radio? I'm talking about the SE/S models (these don't have the 6 CD changer large style radio.)

Possibly the socket is there behind the radio but there just there is nothing connected?

This would allow me to play any mp3 player through the radio.

Also, can anyone confirmBluetoothconnectivity to phones in the pre facelift notes, or is this only in the facelift models?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good question yeah I was wondering that i have a sve on a 56 plate with no bluetooth or MP3
connectivity whitch i bought this year but like you say got the 6 CD changer but whats behind the panel.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I have an 08 Tekna, with 6CD changer.
The bluetooth is rudimentary: it works, but the phonebook doesn't (yes I could read the manual and tap each contact in by hand but this is the 21st century)
It won't play mp3s or tell me the title of the track that is playing (CD TEXT how 20th century).

If you have a single DIN unit you are laughing. Take it out and fit a nice sony bluetooth for about £120. Plays MP3s, controls an ipod/iphone, fetches the phonebook off the iphone automatically, plays MP3s off the usb at the front. I've got one out of my last car but I can't fit it because:

The double DIN unit leaves a hole to fill in, the single DIN dash top is megabucks from a scrappy.
The 6CD unit has a special Nissan connector for the speakers (I do have a converter) and a special Nissan connector for the powered aerial (I would need to cobble something up)

I do believe that the single DIN unit has standard ISO connectors that will just plug into an aftermarket unit. (Even a £50 Aldi one)

As to the original question, if there is an AUX setting on the unit, you might find an unused nissan special connector on the back of the radio. If there is no AUX setting, it will not work.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I transfered my phonebook across via bluetooth, you just have to do each entry as a single transfer and not the whole phonebook in one go. Not brilliant but a lot better than manual entry on the audio unit.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
sony car audio is utterlly ssssssssssssshocking and is just trading off the brand name yes thay did make some nice tvs but incar stuffisnt there game
if your on a budget kenwood if you have a little more cash go for an alpine (one of the best ipod controlls on the market)

The standard prefacelift doesnt have any bluetooth nor an aux in only way todo it is with a fm modulator (pref a inline aerial one) fit quite a few of theseover the years

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
mdvineng said:
I transfered my phonebook across via bluetooth, you just have to do each entry as a single transfer and not the whole phonebook in one go. Not brilliant but a lot better than manual entry on the audio unit.
This won't work on an iphone AFAIK.

As far as aftermarket brands go I won't dispute that others are better than Sony, my Sony works well, and has a brilliant steering column mounted remote that my left hand instinctively operates. Going back to wheel mounted controls is a real pain, I always seem to want to mess with the volume when the wheel is turned.

I've got an idea that there is an ipod controller FM modulator box available for standard radios, certainly maplin have an FM modulator bluetooth thingie that will do what the OP wants, even plays MP3s fronm SD cards, and only £25 too. Fits in the power socket below the dash.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/bluetoothandreg-fm-transmitter-with-usb-sd-card-slots-and-aux-in-socket-505488

However, the customer reviews are not encouraging.

Edited by: mnl

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the ones that are hard wired into the aerial are much better as thay dont pick up interferance like the standard fag lighter ones do, anotherreason is the hard wired units are out of sight
http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=ICONNECTFM

fitted 15 or so of these really simple to fit to standard radios, i have fitted these to classic cars too (mgb and a moggy minor) as the owners dont want modern stuff on display, the rest have been mainly corsas

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
My 6CD radio has a non standard aerial plug, (a flat 3 pin thing), as it has an amplified aerial. I don't know what is fitted to the earlier radios, but if they have the bee sting aerial there has to be an amplifier somewhere. This flat plug would make the hard wired one a bit harder to fit.

Curse you Renault, with your non-standard wiring!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the 3 pin is a nissan thing, you can get 3 pin adapters thats not a problem (male 3 pin to iso adapter are harder to get but i have a few left in my box, early stereos are iso so not an issue later ones are either 3 pin or fakra
OFF topic
the note is based on the nissan platform and not renault one electrical wise its all nissan only 2 things that are renault parts are the 1.5 diesel and the rear seat mech

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi Flash do you mean the folding seat latch is Renault, if so, that's probably why it's poor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts