7,177 Posts
how longs a bit of string - twice the length from the middle
never had the warning light come on in mine as i like to keep it topped up

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
SneakyElephant said:
greenplane said:
onew reason is lack of spondoolies!!, unlike mr elephant we dont all have a " Trunk" full of peanuts!!!
a gallon of juice is a lot less than a breakdown truck...
you only run out of fuel once, i did iton my suzuki 50 twist and go going up a log hill (gravity fed, pick up at the front) anyhoo i rolled back down the hill and pushed it into the petrol station but you do tend to forget when the bike does 130 mpg lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Came down to the 1. beep / reserve light on today, drove app. 10 Km more, and filled upuntil pistol shut off the 1. time.

Result was i put in 36.91 Liter, so the 1. beep came on at more or less 8 liters remaining.

I dont normally run my cars down to reserve, but this being my 1. tank in the Note, it is
nice to know how long i can go before having to fill up.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I quite Calm, HoweverIf you dont have the funds to put petrol in all the time, it is quite possible to stretch the cars reserve.
I did work in the motor trade a few years ago, delivering cars all over the country, therefore I do know a little about what im talking about.
I once remeber taking a BMW 530 from Leeds to Donnigton on £5 of petrol, and i took a wrong turning but still got there even though the fuel warning light had come and gone!!! ok it was back in 1997 when fuel wasnt so costly.
Any way in our areas of east yorkshire, one retailer "Glews Garages" have taken down the price of fuel, and instead put up a Graph style price guide to show everyone, how much they get how much the goverment gets and how much the fuel company gets, on average the profit that the petrol retailer makes is less than 1%, thats why you can buy almost a kitchen sink at most garages!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
We filled up our Note the other night from 5 miles after the warning light came on. Put in 37 litres ( £50.25 ) sowe had about 8litres left as well. Fuel warning on the dash gave us 33 miles before completely empty.Funny thing was a chap on the pump opposite us filled up his Focus and put in exactly the same amount - first time I've seen that!
Checking our fuel consumption for the petrol we'd used showed areading of 46.8 mpg for our little 1.4.
Be interesting to see what we get on a trip down to Portishead and points further south west tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Once you have a full tank, it's easy to keep it topped up to the full mark again. What is cheapest, full to half or half to empty, with the chance of running out of fuel also you will be dragging all the s**t out of the tank which could cause you more trouble.I know there are other owners out there who will be saying "you use more fuel dragging that more weight around".But I'm not worrying about running out of, fuel and having to keep looking at the gauge to see how much I've got.
Another reason is that some time ago I had family in London, and just in case I got an emergency call after midnight, I knew I had enough fuel to get me to Normans Cross service station on the A1to top up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.