Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice the driver side wiper blade is very long and the passenger side is very short.

I am not sure whether to buy genuine Nissan ones, Bosch or Halfords.

Any recommendations for replacement wiper blades ?

·
Registered
109 Posts
halfords seem to be good quality, bit pricey but better than the £1 shop rubbish, replaced the wipers on the wifes Almera with Halfords and they were a true like for like match.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I fitted Bosch blades to the front a week back. No problems. Yes.. they were expensive (£18 for the pair but thats cos I chose to buy from a local car parts store), but they sweep well and silently :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tommo,

Please would you tell me the Bosch Code for the set you bought.

I got a bit confused in Halfords looking at the Bosch packets - I could only find the drivers one and not the smaller passenger one - and of course I really want to buy a set.

The Nissan dealer wanted to charge £19 for each blade !

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
The bosch blades are a 24" with spoiler(24S) and a the other is a 13" (13) both standard blades DONT buy bosch blades off ebay i got a set on the car what turned out to be fake !!! also old stock blades are doing the rounds too
only way to tell there fakes their missing the metal clips and the blades are low quailty

also dont be conned into buying a complete new rear wiper a decent refill does the job

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mine were Bosch SuperPlus 24 and Bosch SuperPlus 13 . No spoiler on the 24 inch, but then again neither did the old one :)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
iirc the facelifts have the spoiler

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
I purchased two new wiper blades from an automotive aftermarketsuppliers (Parkinsons) Grimsby.
I got a Bosch 24' blade with a spoiler and a 15' Bosch Normal blade for the near side. You can fit a 15' blade as there is plenty of room for one, and you get that bit more area covered, and it really covers the sensor. At the time I got discount as I worked for a local company, but anybody can ask for trade. I think I payed about £9.75 for the pair.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bosch are good quality. Champion are good too if you can get them. I just replaced the front blades on my '09 dCi. Nissan dealers have two versions available as spares. Original equipment (expensive) - by manufacturer NWB (Nippon Wiper Blade), and Service Replacement (cheaper) - under Nissan branding but produced by Valeo. I tried the Valeo versions. These are OK. Quality not quite as good as the OEM and the plastic clip doesn't fit well on the shorter arm on the passenger side...but OK. I'd use the OEM blades next time. After all, the original blades I replaced had done 24000 miles/ 4 years (amazing!) and only just starting to smear the glass.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Since I turned off the "AUTO wipe on a dry screen" function, my Wilko 50p (in the clearout) blades have lasted about 6 months now with no problems.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
The aero blades I have via Amazon @ £7 a pair have lasted one year and still in good working order, previous Bosch items only ever managed six months between changes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts