Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the rough cost of replacing the windscreen of a Nissan Note Acenta 57 as mine has suffered a fairly bad chip and scratch. (not sure if the scratch is actually a crack)

·
Registered
651 Posts
If you have windscreen cover on your insurance then it will be around £40 - £60 if not then the cost would run into a few hundred pounds.
Check your car insurance policy and see if you have the cover, if you have, contact your insurance provider and they will arrange for the replacement by a company they use.
If you don't have the cover then ring around and get the best quote you can. You can also get a quote from the AA and RAC even if you're not a member, which my mate did just before xmas.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
To take out car insurance cover without including the screen, is just trying to save a few pence for what could be a big expense if the screen did go pop, it is becoming more common especially with todays roads and potholes.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Does anyone know the rough cost of replacing the windscreen of a Nissan Note Acenta 57 as mine has suffered a fairly bad chip and scratch. (not sure if the scratch is actually a crack)

Hopefully you have windscreen insurance as the bare screen (without fitting) is £368.00 + VAT

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hopefully you have windscreen insurance as the bare screen (without fitting) is £368.00 + VAT
The last time I needed a screen I had quite a shock when I rang the insurers. I had missed the change to the excess, instead of £60 or £70 they had changed it to your normal accident excess which in my case was £250.

So I rang round the local screen companies and a one man band was more than happy to replace it for £70 if he could come within the next 30 minutes, said yes. Turned out he was going to a haulage company next door to do a couple of trucks and with me being close there was no travelling to charge.

Always worth checking.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just wondering, is there an option for a top tinted windscreen on the Notes? When I had my BMW windscreen changed years ago, the company asked if I wanted a plain one or with a top tint, smoked, blue or green. Can't say I have ever seen a Note with a top tint, ever.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I've never seen a Note with the top tint to the screen either, unless you count the stick on type of tint.
I doubt there is such an item for the Note,it's not really a car worth the extra dosh for that kind of screen when you think about it.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
The Note was built to a budget, and the E12's to an even tighter budget.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts