Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
The other day the amber engine warning light came on in our 1.4 06 note so I purchased a fault code reader and got P0340 and P0011 (camshaft position sensor circuit malfunction and camshaft position timing over advanced). Optimistically I have replaced the camshaft pos sensor and clearEd the fault. Initially it cranked for a bit but managed to start up with some throttle, after initial issue seemed ok and drove around, restarted etc all good. Today it fired up this morning but not back home at lunch. Got it home by cranking with foot to floor on the throttle. But now home and it just cranks. I have pulled it apart and checked crank and cam sensors are installed and connected ok and there are no faults on the ecu.
Any ideas?

sorry for the long post but any help much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Put the old cam sensor back and try it.
Probably a wiring fault, or the new cam sensor is not working, surely the non-start now is related to what you have messed with.
If the VVT solenoid sticks it will cause the cam timing error, but not the circuit fault.

·
Registered
649 Posts
The error code that points to the "circuit" fault means just that.
It's not the item in question but the electrical circuit that it connects to.
As pointed out by mnl, you need a wiring check, could be a corroded connector or a broken wire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I swapped back the old sensor and the car fires up ok, so I have now taken back the new sensor and got a replacement- put it in and all seems fine. I think the new sensor must have been faulty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts