Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to replace the single cd player for a nissan sat nav connect in my 10 reg note.
There are some for sale on ebay but some say it can be done, my nissan dealer says it cannot be changed. it must be a factory fit when the car is bought.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
do a search on here as you is a single slot it should be a straight swap you will need a wiring adapter(s) as well as a aerial adapter depending on what plugs you have
the leads if you need them arenot an of the shelf part you have to build them to suit the plugs in your car

pop the stereo out a see what plugs you have it only 4 screws

when buying a connect make sure it has the usb lead (square plug) and the gps unit with it. make sure it has its pass card otherwise your looking at more money for the code

·
Registered
39 Posts
Those of you that have done this, did you buy from a seller in the Midlands via Ebay(zulfautos)?Can the 6CD changer in the Tekna be swapped with the Connect, keeping all steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Talking about the 6 cd changer, I read an Auto Express long term test that said it takes ages to switch dics and locate the next track...is this true? Nobody has mentioned it on this forum yet. The reviewer (Dawn Tennant) said it was the only complaint she had with the car, a pre-facelift SVE (Tekna in old money!) 1.6 auto in Intense Blue.Oh yeah. when it rained she found the alloy pedals were very slippery with wet shoes. Apart from that, she loved it and so did her family. In fact, that review was instrumental in making me decide on a Note, and so far I've had no regrets. here is part 1 of the long term test http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/longtermtests/207416/nissan_note.html and you will find links to the other parts further down the page.

Edited by: SneakyElephant

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
yes to both questions
and in relation to the 6 disc if its the new 6 disc its a straight swap the older 6 disc in the pre-facelift needs the brackets and surround changing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts