Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My car has a faulty IVT Solenoid, having had the stupidly high price price from my local Nissan dealer to replace it, I googled the part myself.

I'm now trying to remove the faulty IVT, but having problems straight away with just trying to disconnect the plastic power lead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jane

·
Registered
722 Posts
There are differing types of connectors in cars.
Some require you to squeeze a small lug to be able to then pull the connector out, others need you to lift a lever type device to release the plug.
A picture may help members to decide which type is fitted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

This is the plastic bit causing me the problem, it won't budge.

I've tried pressing and pulling all round the unit, but cant figure out how it releases :-(

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hi Jane, just press or lift the plastic 'tang' hard as you pull the plug apart. Might be press.. (I guess lift) Use a thin blade small screwdriver. You can see the blighter right on the upward face in your photo.. Electrics plugs can be hard to separate because they are designed to stay put.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that, I got it off, I pressed on the plastic "tang" hard with a flat head screwdriver, it clicked and then could be removed.

:)

·
Registered
112 Posts
With so little mechanical/electrical know how is it wise for you to do this work? Mistakes could trash the engine and for a car this old it will be an uneconomic repair.

Get some prices from other garages before doing something daft.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The power of google & how to videos about this VVT solenoid is a very common problem.
So I like to try and have a go, thanks for your advice but I like to be daft.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts