Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Nissan note 1.2 3 cylinder I can get to of my spark plugs but the last one I can't does anyone have any ideas to got get to it without stripping the engine down

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sometimes its necessary to have to remove certain parts to gain access to one or more plugs on modern engines, there is so much kit crammed into a small area. Our 1.2 K12 Micra was a real pain.

But you do not make it clear in your post if its simply an access issue or a mechanical issue such that the plug will not actually move. I seem to remember that a large airbox covered part of the top of the engine, removing that part should not be difficult and should give full access.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yes, you'll need to remove the inlet manifold. Best to have new air intake gaskets for the refit.
The torque settings and break down diagram is shown clearly in the nissan work shop manual.
You can obtain the down load from ebay at £2.75.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
38 Posts
It seems dig-s engine is more complicated than regular HR12DE engine in almost every task, except replacing spark plugs. Dig-s only requires to remove the airbox filter but not the intake manifold.

·
Registered
796 Posts
It seems dig-s engine is more complicated than regular HR12DE engine in almost every task, except replacing spark plugs. Dig-s only requires to remove the airbox filter but not the intake manifold.
That's interesting.. Have you changed your spark plugs on the Dig-s then?

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
38 Posts
That's interesting.. Have you changed your spark plugs on the Dig-s then?
No, not yet. But I just replaced the air filter myself and had open access to all 3 ignition coils then.
I plan to replace spark plugs in the next maintenance this winter - along with the aux belt and supercharger belt which sometimes squeak at cold.

I bought my car (2014 year) for one year. The service booklet only contained the stamps of each maintenance every 6 month, but without any details so I don't know what had been replaced. And in Belgium we seems don't have online MOT history check like in UK. Now it is 75000 km.

·
Registered
796 Posts
That's good, let us know how you progress when you do the plug change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts