Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't have much faith in the remote central locking system as a security measure and always check that the car is locked before I carefully lay the key down for the night, but now I'm convinced it's "not fit for purpose".
I'd just sat down to enjoy a quiet cuppa, in a room at the back of the house,when my son came in from the drive, 20ft away and through2 brick walls,to say: " You've unlocked the car." Apparently the "unlock" button had been squeezed as I sat down - but there was nothing else in my pocket besides the key on its ring.

Many models now have this system and I wonder how many times a car has been left unlocked without the owner realising it. Any insurance claim for theft would be invalid. This requires serious and urgent thought and action by manufacturers and insurers.

·
Registered
453 Posts
We also have had the same issue when we have had our keys in our pockets. We have started to check last thing before we go to sleep land that the alarm is on. Plus, when we park up in the day we now keep the keys out of our pockets until we have put some distance between us and the car.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is worrying, Rich. I am also very careful over what I do with the key, but it's still possible for it to unlock without our knowledge. The designers don't seem to live in the real world. We shouldn't need to take such precautions if they'd done their job properly. They're still rather damp behind the ears.

·
Registered
109 Posts
my previous car (renault laguna) used to relock after 45 seconds if the drivers door had not been opened, i would like to think that all cars would have a similar function but i dont know if the Note does this, i will have to get the handbook and have a look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts