Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

Remap/Retune

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  alfisto 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Newbie here but wanted to ask if anyone has attempted a DIY remap/retune of the DCi engine? Or indeed a remap of any engine and the level of success anyone has had?

I'm an electronics engineer by trade so know what can go wrong with these things but believe that most things are possible with a little care and attention.

Any tips and hints greatly received.

Steve

#2 ·
Not done so on my Note dCi, but I've used Angel Tuning before with 100% success and impressive results. A couple of work colleagues had their cars remapped by Angel too and equally pleased. Driveability and economy improved, loads more torque, and no technical issues whatsoever. See Angel's website and speak with Nigel Bennett.

On my remapped car there was a degree of black smoke afterwards on heavy acceleration but it depends entirely how the car is driven. That car (5-cyl 2.4 JTD Alfa 156) left the factory with 140hp and was remapped to c.190hp with tree-stump pulling torque. I have no plans to have the Note remapped as std 86hp seems fine for our needs with over 65mpg (computer). I'm unsure if Renault made other changes to their K9K dCi engine to achieve the higher 106hp (intercooler? pump? injectors?)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.