Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought my wife a Note 1.5 DCI (2012), mileage 45K. I had a remap done on it to delete dpf and egr. The exhaust is now smokey (black) and has an intermittant fault whereby it sometimes wont rev above 3400 rmp and shakes like its running on 3 cylinders. Other times its fine. It seemes like a blocked exhaust but that seems clear. Unfortunately the garage that did the work is closed due to the lockdown. Any insights appreciated.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Sounds like either the remap was cocked-up or you have an injector or multiple injector failure.

You need to find a garage that's open to get the fault codes read before the engine is potentially damaged.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like either the remap was cocked-up or you have an injector or multiple injector failure.

You need to find a garage that's open to get the fault codes read before the engine is potentially damaged.
I had the car checked out by a pal with decent diagnostics, and he found nothing wrong, although the problem didn't manifest itself during the test.

PS, I wonder if the remap is overfueling?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then it will show up on a good diagnostic system.
It isnt showing anything up. I have a long printout of all the parameters and everything is normal. I'm thinking of taking the whole exhaust off over the weekend to see if it really is clear.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Recently bought my wife a Note 1.5 DCI (2012), mileage 45K. I had a remap done on it to delete dpf and egr.
Are you aware that your car is now illegal to use on public roads and will fail any future MOT unless its is returned to the condition in which it left the factory. Here is a link to the .gov site:

The important quote is "This change to the MOT tests makes it clear – if you have this filter removed from your car it will fail the test"

Your car 100% was fitted with a DPF since all cars registered in the UK from 01/01/2011 had to be fitted with a DPF and all manufacturers had to comply, no ifs, no buts. Some cars were fitted with DPF's long before this, no idea if the Note was but that is immaterial, your 2012 would have had one and no DPF = no MOT.

Since you have modified your car it is a requirement to inform your insurers, if you have no theoretically you are anly covered for 3rd party risks, any damage to your own car will be at your expense and there could be long term implications.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, sorry for the delay; the remap guy is back at work and took the car back to him. He demonstrated that its only when the clutch is depressed that the engine behaves as described, and it's intended to, to stop overrevving before going into gear. Seemed plausible but I suspected I had been fobbed off - maybe a dual mass/clutch issue. But yesterday a guy I know told me that some cars are now designed like that. The car runs very well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
But what are you going to do when it fails its MOT, it will cost a considerable sum to reinsate the DPF and EGR and then return the map back to the Nissan factory original.

All companies offering DPF delete have a large disclaimer which states something like that the car will not be legal for road use and they will accept no responsibility should the owner have issues because of this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts