Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
Can someone let me know, if it is possible to SWITCH-OFF the rear wipers in a Nissan Note NTec+ (2012 Model)? I am trying to use the rain sensor feature, which I believe is for the front Wipers, however when I set the switch to Intermittent, the rear wiper blades keep working. I am not sure if this a fault with my car. I called the dealer's service centre, where I was advised to turn the rear-wipers off, however I cannot find any switch or setting's to do the same.

Thanks for your help.

- Sandy

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Not sure if I quite understand, but just twist the highlighted section of the wiper stalk, to turn off rear wiper.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Even if it is switched off, the rear wiper will wipe if the car is going backwards and the front wiper is wiping.
Assuming it isn't going backwards, check that the reversing lights are not on as the reversing light switch triggers this function.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My rear wiper comes on even in the Off position ifIreverse, to be honest I like this function

Izzy

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Shouldn't.
Might do if you leave the wiper switch on AUTO though.

(But then the fronts will come on at random times too, and wear out those expensive Bosch blades
)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

Thanks to everyone who replied promptly to my query. I am able to switch-off the rear-wipers now based on the info provided.

Regards

-Sandy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts