Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, anyone experience rear wiper switch failure. Rear wiper motor has been checked wiring fuse ok power not getting to motor.getting a price of £150 to get a new switch dealer looking 80 labour to put it in / independent looking £30 / no surprises there. Just spent 55 on a heater resistor and 30 to put it in. This is a 07 car with 40k. Nissan have not been great since the Renault link up / anyone agree? Think I will go Honda next time!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
no problems here with nissan (apart from my screen)more than likely a internal break in the wiring as it goes through the rubber into the boot, stalks dont tend to fail tbh
the boot loom has a plug and socket whats in the passenger siderear 1/4 you can check the continuity from there

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Coolmint,<div id="LCS_336D0C35_8A85_403a_B9D2_65C292C39087_communicationDiv">

Sorry to hear that you have beenexperiencingsome issues with your rear wiper switch.

If you drop an email to [email protected] with your full name and contact details, we will raise this to our customer service team to look into.

Thanks
^SC

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
NissanGB said:
Hello Coolmint,<div id="LCS_336D0C35_8A85_403a_B9D2_65C292C39087_communicationDiv">

Sorry to hear that you have beenexperiencingsome issues with your rear wiper switch.

If you drop an email to [email protected] with your full name and contact details, we will raise this to our customer service team to look into.

Thanks
^SC
so that we can charge you an ARM AND A LEG for fixing it no doubt...we're like lambs to the slaughter boys, LAMBS TO THE SLAUGHTER

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
And if anyone thinks I'm putting the boot into Nissan GB and their authorised dealers, guess what...YOU'RE RIGHT!!! I have been waiting THREE MONTHS for my local idiots to get a new nearside front passenger's window switch...are they mining the copper for the wiring? If it wasn't still under warranty I would do the work myself in an afternoon ffs

Edited by: SneakyElephant

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Back to the OP

Have you had the unbelievably expensive Nissan diagnostic tests done?

The rear wiper is controlled by the BECM (Body Electronics Control Module), or whatever Nissan call it, the switch can be checked out from the diagnostic port under the fuse box with a Nissan tester, so a dealer should know whether the switch is faulty or not in less than a minute (but they bill you for 1/2 an hour)

A wire break in the "flexible" part where the door opens is more likely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts