Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All new member, seeking assistance . Rear wiper on note 2007 1.4 se has ceased to work . Doesn't appear to be power getting to unit . Where is the fuse located for the wiper ? manual is useless.Fuses in fuse box in engine compartment and under dash appear OK / non listed as being forthe rear wiper.Any one any thoughts / Power still going to rear water spray .

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
im going to guess that the problem could be the multi wire connector to the bad boor is damaged,
if all fuses are OK there is only the wiring and the motor itself left,

did you check all the fuses in the IPDM, the creamy coloured block behind the n/s headlight in the engine compartment?,

prise the 4 tabs out enough to lift up the IPDM, spin it as much as possible so you can see the fuses then test those fuses to see if any of them are blown,

if not then it must be the wiring or the motor at fault.

also note that the washer motor is a twin motor in the washer bottle at the front of the car, it feeds both front and back washer jets, nothing to do with the back end so not really relevant

Edited by: paperman

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hiya and welcome.

I had the same problem, main dealers I saw have seen it before and are going to repair mine.... still waiting after 2 years so good job I did it myself. My story is posted elsewhere on here but my problem was caused by the wires breaking (work hardening I suppose) inside the rubber boot between the tailgate and the rear of the body. All the wires contained within are white (well on mine) some bigger than others. A word of caution after investigating I found the electric switch for the boot release didn't work.... wire on that snapped with me fiddling I suppose or dealers not sure which. Dealers say the wiring loom is to short not allowing the radius of the boot swing without tugging on the wires.Either way mine it seems had already been repaired before (not very well it seems). I purchased some flexible wire from Maplins, heat shrink and repaired with soldering and lengthening the wires and touch wood two years ago and all ok! might not be this in your case but bear it in mind. The Micra's I believe also have a similar problem but this causes the boot to open by itself.... Good luck
John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks John DCI / Had a look behind the rubber flexible hose and yes the wires are all white . Do you know where the fuse is for rear wiper / on the engine compartment and under dash it is not listed . No others clues in hand book. Were you able to identify where the fuse is. Will check this first. Did you extend all the white wires ? Do you know if this was part of any recall from Nissan ? Thanks

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
check fuses 5 and 3 in the drivers side junction box and 61 and 62 in the IPDM box near the nearside headlamp.

·
Super Moderator
1,917 Posts
OK, the same fault has now occurred with my rear wiper and number plate lights. Also, if the lights are on the boot won't open.......turn the lights off, and I can open the boot.

So it looks like the trusty old soldering iron will be coming out in the near future, and I will use stranded wire to reconnect the wires, and slightly longer as mentioned.

I was wondering how long those poxy wires would last, so it's 5 years and 5 months.

Oh well, it could be worse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.