Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help !
My rear wiper was working OK but seemed a bit intermittent - now it's stopped in the "up" or not parked position and won't move - is there a separate fuse for this wiper motor and if so which fusebox is it in, and which fuse is it?

Or is there another area on this forum that I can look on ?- I do find it awkward to find my way round the site.

Thanks for any and all help/advice,

Stompbox

·
Registered
128 Posts
It may be a loose fitting fuse but unlikely. More likely however is a break in the wiring at the tailgate hinge. The wires that run through the rubber protector between the body and tailgate are cheap brittle rubbish and it is common for them to break. Unfortunately a repair is a bugger as all the wires are white so finding the broken one is time consuming. Use the search box at the top of the page as this is a well discussed topic with many threads on the subject.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Stompbox said:
Help !
My rear wiper was working OK but seemed a bit intermittent - now it's stopped in the "up" or not parked position and won't move - is there a separate fuse for this wiper motor and if so which fusebox is it in, and which fuse is it?

Or is there another area on this forum that I can look on ?- I do find it awkward to find my way round the site.

Stompbox
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrAMd7cwHyA

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
Had the same a few years ago......5 years old at the time. Cut and extended with stranded wire, which is more flexible.Joined with a reasonble length of(coloured), multi stranded trailer cable, then pushed the original cable into the tailgate, and the other end into the car interior. So, it was just the trailer cable in the rubber sleeve. Copper wire will solder to aluminium....(or is it aluminum.
).

Did every wire while the chance was there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help !

Stompbox
I cant find relay or fuse for rear wiper on my Nissan note 2011 could you help please as its stopped working

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
Possible brake in the wiring loom, which is going to the tailgate rom the body of the car. Are any other electrical gremlins connected to the tailgate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts