Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rear wiper not working. I had read elsewhere in this forum about broken wires in the rubber booted section of wiring loom which connects to top right corner of the hatch door so I pulled the rubber cover down exposing the wires and lo! a neatly cut wire! I rejoined wire with a short piece of similar guauge wire and wrapped all the wires with insulating tape for extra strength and now all OK. The wire appeared to have been neatly cut through as though it had got caught and snipped clean in half. I suggest it might be worth pulling down the rubber "boot" and wrapping wires together with insulating tape as a preventive measure.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Had this problem time and time again with my old Seat Alhambra.
The tip is to use cloth insulating tape (handlebar tape from a cycle shop is ideal).

It is less sticky and can be 'unwrapped' far easier than PVC tape which has a tendency to 'congeal' over time.

Glad you got your problem sorted though Pat.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I too had the same problem with a Fiat Tipo a few years ago. I was able to solder in short extensions to the broken wires but I used heat shrink to insulate the joints, bit tricky but well worth it because the heat shrink won't ever come off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts