Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Hope you don't mind my first post being a request for help....

I have a Note from early 2008. I bought it just out of warranty, and a year ago the fog light stuck on - a fault with the Body Control Module (BCM). To cut a long story short, a Nissan dealership replaced the BCM for me and Nissan stumped up half as it was just out of warranty. When they did it they programmed it wrong at first, so I had to take the car back to have it reprogrammed (something they denied was anything to do with them, did not apologise for, and tried to charge me for - needless to say I didn't return to the dealership for my service!)

Anyway, recently the rear wiper has started acting odd in the last month. When I turn it off, it will carry on going for a few seconds, and then stop in a random position, not it's proper resting position. It will then refuse to turn back on for a few minutes, and when it works again it repeats the above.

This is clearly some kind of electrical issue, and I was wondering if anyone could confirm whether or not this is due to a further fault with the BCM? If so, I will be heading back to Nissan for a quiet word about the 12 month warranty on their work.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
no the wipers are on the relay, sounds like you may have a fault with the wiper motor and the limit switch inside it
iirc the auto wipers are on linked to the bcm and thier on the front only

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah thanks flash22. That's a relief actually, it's a very minor problem, but I was worried it might be a sign that the whole BCM was about to go wrong again, leading to days in the garage and difficult negotiations with the dealership. If it's just the rear wiper then I can ignore it!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I agree that could be a fault with the actual wiper motor not the BCM.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the price of the BCM?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts