Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - new member with first post.
The rear window demister doesn't work at all on my wife's 2008 Note. Any ideas where to start looking?
Light comes on on the switch when pressed but nothing happens and we still have a foggy rear screen

Thanks

Woodie

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Very probably a broken wire where the loom passes into the tailgate.

Tens of threads about the best way to fix this if you use forum search.

The wires are all the same ruddy colour and need 'tapping out' individually for continuity.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - that would make sence. I need to look at that as the tailgate has stopped working as well - locked tight shut.
Could kill two birds as they say.......

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
There are also threads about getting access to the locked boot (not easy at all) as you need to get it open to access the wiring harness and its cheap and nasty wiring.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got in the boot and managed to get it open. Looked in the sleeve & found 4 broken cables! Bit of extra cable inserted & reconnected all 4. Bit of guess work with 2 but eventually got all 4 connected up correctly.
Hatchback lid now opens, rear window demister now works as does the rear washer jet. The cables installed are very brittle, but then 10 years of bending & stretching plus extremes of temperature is going to take its toll. Could have done with a bit more slack in them though.

Thanks for the info ��

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Got in the boot and managed to get it open. Looked in the sleeve & found 4 broken cables! Bit of extra cable inserted & reconnected all 4. Bit of guess work with 2 but eventually got all 4 connected up correctly.
Hatchback lid now opens, rear window demister now works as does the rear washer jet. The cables installed are very brittle, but then 10 years of bending & stretching plus extremes of temperature is going to take its toll. Could have done with a bit more slack in them though.

Thanks for the info ��
No worries.

If you feel like it (although it's a bit of a faff) I would replace all of the cables where they pass through the 'conduit' with jumpers of decent multi-stranded cable, That way you will not have any future problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi - new member with first post.
The rear window demister doesn't work at all on my wife's 2008 Note. Any ideas where to start looking?
Light comes on on the switch when pressed but nothing happens and we still have a foggy rear screen

Thanks

Woodie
Try wiping the window with some shaving foam, (temp fix) will help with the fogging up but still u need to fix the demister

1 - 8 of 8 Posts