Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.
I have decided to replace the rear drums and pads, rather than the rather drastic measure of changing from Hubs to discs. Please could someone tell me the size of the socket I will need for the rear brake drum removal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Size. 30 mm i think mate you are supposed to use new hub nuts but a bit of lock tight if you decide not to renew them

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much. I see that on Ebay there are a couple of hub nuts for the Micra. Are these the same size???

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I've just bought item # 110921433224 4 rear hub nuts NOTE/MICRA K12, there is a vehicle compatibility list on the listing.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
The drums and discs are the same spec as the micra, on the 1.6 note a lot of aftermarket discs like ebc cross ref to the micra k12

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please can any one tell me if there is a window on the backplate which allows you to gain access to the rear brake pad adjuster. The offside drum won't come off and I think it's due to the brake pads sitting in a groove they have wornin the brake drum itself. They have done 80,000 miles after all. I have looked online to see if there is a video but have been unable to find one. Any help would be appreciated. I believe that you wind back the adjuster which will enable the pads to close up.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi, there's no window to poke through, so it will be a case of waggling away until it's free, just ensure the handbrake cable is slack and or removed.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
there maybe a small hole in the back plate what you can blindly put a screw driver in, pita of a job if the hubs are grooved with no access

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the service and maintenanceon a cd rom. the picture of the back plate shows what looks like an arched window where the adjuster runs across the top of the backplate. I can't see by craning my neck under the wheel arch. If anyone knows for certain I would be eternally grateful......

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I will double check in the morning but theres no hole but you can unbolt the abs sensor thisshould give you access to the self adjuster
Edited by: flash22

1 - 10 of 10 Posts