Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Order two rear springs from euro car parts mate.
Don't bother with a garage or labour!
They are so simple to change.
Just jack up the rear of the car and position axle stands fairly high.
The wheels will hang down freely..
You can then slide out the rear springs easily with a bit of downward pressure.
They just sit on a mounting 'cup'
Buy a pair because for one thing the car will handle evenly, and also the second one is sure to fail if you don't.
Front springs are much more difficult to change, and in that instance i would use a garage.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Order two rear springs from euro car parts mate.
Don't bother with a garage or labour!
They are so simple to change.
Just jack up the rear of the car and position axle stands fairly high.
The wheels will hang down freely..
You can then slide out the rear springs easily with a bit of downward pressure.
They just sit on a mounting 'cup'
Buy a pair because for one thing the car will handle evenly, and also the second one is sure to fail if you don't.
Front springs are much more difficult to change, and in that instance i would use a garage.

Many thanks for the advice

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
It is easier if you disconnect the shock absorbers, as this allows the axle to drop down more so you can get the new spring in. (If the springs came out easily with the shock absorbers connected they would have fallen out by now ;) )

Be careful that you don't stress the rubber brake pipe by dropping the axle too far- Nissan made it exactly long enough to do the job- that 5mm of pipe saved x the number of cars works out to a case or two of bubbly at the shareholders meeting :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is easier if you disconnect the shock absorbers, as this allows the axle to drop down more so you can get the new spring in. (If the springs came out easily with the shock absorbers connected they would have fallen out by now ;) )

Be careful that you don't stress the rubber brake pipe by dropping the axle too far- Nissan made it exactly long enough to do the job- that 5mm of pipe saved x the number of cars works out to a case or two of bubbly at the shareholders meeting :)
many thanks for the info mnl

·
Registered
831 Posts

Thanks mnl,
I'd forgotten that I'd removed the lower shocker bolts..that allows for easy movement of the springs by hand for removal.
It was some years back when i did mine.
However i remember it being easy and i had them changed within an hour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts