Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.
Help please recently purchased an 09 Note Techna.In the back seats I have 2 Female seat belt holders,1 marked Centre the other Press. I also
have 3seat belt straps.Being a bit of a thickoo I presume Ineed another
one. It passed a stealer (no spelling mistake) MOT.How with a missing seat belt, any comments,help or not all ecepted.
Sparky Pete

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
it may be tucked under the rear seat, i.e. fallen into the space between the backrest and seat.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
It probably has fallen down, but on MOT's IIRC the tester only has to test the seat belts that are fitted. If he 'assumed' it as a four-set vehicle then he would only test four belts.

I used not to carry the two rear seats in my old seven-seat Alhambra but 'half' of the seat belt was fitted to the car, it passed it's MOT every year without comment.

The same goes for spare tyres. It is NOT illegal not to have a spare but it is illegal to have one that does not meet the appropriat standards.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the tekna only has 2 in the back as it has the large centre armrest

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi. All
Many many thanks for responding to my request,I think it's a wonder I got any replies hopfully this letter wil be clearer.

Of the 3 belts I have on the Techna rear seats the LFT and RT belt only fits the RT hand seat buckle,the CENTRE buckle will only clip on the centre strap,LFT hand seat no buckle.LFT and RT belts are on the outside of car.

I brought from a general dealer but I think i can go to my old Nissan and perhaps I can get a get a Nissan making some sort of sense I want hold my breath.

I will post the answer the reply good or bad.

Once again,
Many Thanks
Sparky Pete

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
mdvineng said:
So why 3 belts?
i only have 2 in my 59 tekna maybe the 3rd is for a iso fix booster/baby seat iirc on the iso fix seats the belt clips in the base of the baby seat ??

·
Registered
109 Posts
on my 57 plate Tekna, 3 people can sit in the back, all belted in safely, there should be 5 seatbelts as the car is designed as a 5 seater

·
Registered
311 Posts
The two that you do have are they on the left and right side of the rear of the car? do you have one protruding from the top of back of the seat? Have a look under the rear seat squab, and it should be there somewhere, I guess some one will have shoved it under the squab out of the way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi All
All is know clear and sorted re:-rear seat belts,a quick visit to my nearest Nissan dealer got it sorted.

The guy on the service counter came out to have a look, and as someone from the forum allready suggested after a lot of swearing and pinched fingers rescuded my belt from around the seat works,and then he tried to release the seat from the handle under but soon gave up heaving on the leaver "that needs looking at" as someone allready mentioned.

All thats left now is for the dealer I purchased the car from to sort my leaky A/C, then I can start to learning to love my my 09 Techna note.

Thanks for all the advice so far offered.
Many Thanks.
Sparky Pete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts