Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody tell me how to replace the centre rear reflector on the Note?Ours has developed a crack ( and that after only 900 miles from new!) and seems to be letting rain in behind it.
Not sure if it would be covered by warranty.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
do you mean the fog light in the bumperor brakelight above the glass
to do the fog light you have to take the bumper off

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oooer, never having seen the rear of the Note with all the lights on, I thought it was just a reflector.Wonder how muchthe dealer to sort it for me? Don't think SHMBO would trust let loose with my tools on her brand new note !

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
The owners handbook suggests that you can get it out by using a screwdriver (put some cornflakes packet between the blade and the bumper to lever against) from the right hand side, where there is a click outwards type plastic tab.

I'd be inclined to buy the required new light glass anyway to see exactly what is what, and then break the old one if necessary, levering it out from the outside.

As flash22 says, the workshop manual says to remove the bumper outer skin by removing all the plastic rivets round the outside, but says this is a 2 man job.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mni,Ahaaa, Looks as if someone had already tried that, as there is some damage in that area.Will try and obtain a new glass this week.
Thanks for the advice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts