Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, just bought a 59 reg. Note 1.5 dci Tekna. It is fitted with "ultrasonic parking sensors". When I shift into reverse the system beeps once and that's it. Anyone know how to troubleshoot this? Could it be dirt in sensors or other more ominous things? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
360 Posts
They are supposed to beep once when you shift into reverse, tells you they are operative - if still in reverse the bleeps will increase in frequency the closer you come to an object. Continuous bleep means stop now!

Every time you shift to reverse you should get that initial bleep.

Trust that helps,

Michael

·
Registered
46 Posts
How about just using your mirrors, or looking through the rear screen, with it being virtually a flat rear end its easy to park.

·
Registered
311 Posts
MR Saladfingers Sounds like you have all the answers dont you.
We live in a technological age where simple things have become more complicated because of the labour saving devices fitted therefore Telling some to use mirrors is irrelevant as theyre not taught that, they are taught to stick in reverse then proceed to reverse till they either hear a thud( hit car/person) or the reversing sensors emit a high pitched screech.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi , I had problems reversing and getting to know limits after driving a car for a number of year that was very easy to judge and as my new note was not fitted with sensors it was a nightmare so I went to local Halfords and they had some square light deflectors (similar to what are ones on the rear windows on coaches) and I find it very easy now to park and it has taken out all the guesswork when parking, hope this helps someone if they have same problem or the rear sensors do not work, (lot cheaper than getting sensors repaired) Happy Driving, sparra

·
Registered
311 Posts
Its ok all I understand the troubles of parking after driving a lot of lager vehicles the safest way to reverse any vehicle is to have a banks man,( someone to watch you back)
Mike
PS Preferably not SALADFINGERS!!!! Id go with sneaky

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Come lads, youz gone off topic. Parking sensors only tell you if you're gonna hit something, they don't help you reverse the thing. They're a real pain if you have trailer when reversing.......beeep, bl**dy beeep all the time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If the designers hadnt started boogering about with cars and left bumpers AS bumpers.. we could happily bump.... a nice solid "boink" of girder on girder is far better that folk wetting themselves not to scratch the paintwork, piano-black finish, or inbuilt fog/drl/fairy lights that are in bumpers these days.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well you need to go to france there they use busy irrespective of their colour or shape etc as bumpers, as soon as you touch one here however soft or hard wow do you get some bad looksMike

·
Registered
53 Posts
greenplane said:
the safest way to reverse any vehicle is to have a banks man,( someone to watch you back)

Preferably one who drives themselves - we used to have a mate at work who 'watched' the fitter back his van against the wall ......

Come on, come on, come on, crunch, Whoaaa!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is what I do, the point is I just bought this Note and it is fitted with the system and I expect it to work properly. That is why I'm trying to troubleshoot the fault.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought the reverse sensor to install on my note n-tec 2011 but little confused about the colour of the wires, I would be great full if some one can tell me the colour of reverse, brake and ignition wire..

·
Registered
311 Posts
You only need to wire it to the reversing lights and the earth there is no need for ignition nor brake as the parking sensors only are used during reverse, so as the reversing lights are on during this, you dont need any other wiring connections. The positive comes from the on supply from the reversing lights and the earth goes to a suitable earth when you take off the light cluster( which ever one you use) there will be an earthing nut/bolt where you can attach the Black wire too. To find the positive feed for the reversing lights stick the car in reverse with the ignition on( not the engine) use a multi meter or wires to a bulb to determin the correct wires, easy job done!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the help but the thing is my mate bought 8 sensors and I think for the front sensor it asked for those wires and the power cable has 4 wires so still need some help please.

Many thanks...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Dont mean to be funny but you shouldnt need the front ones as the car at the front end is easy to see and park plus the first thing you would touch would be the number plate which protrudes first.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Isn't this yet another case of the more technology that goes into cars the less skill, judgement, technique and general competence is required to drive them?

Whether you see this as a good or bad thing probably depends on several factors (most prominently your age
)

·
Registered
360 Posts
GeorgP56 - that's certainly one important point of view, to my mind and dotage I take what I can and want from all these aids and try to use the ones I want to my advantage and those that I don't comprehend or believe I need just ignore. You pays your money & takes your choice.

The power to take or leave - mind blowing......

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Yes I have sensors on my Note but still rely on the £4.50 Fresnel lens I stuck on the rear window which gives me a nice view of any obstruction that, while still 12" away, the sensors think I am just about to hit.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The Note I have just bought has reversing sensors. This is the first car I've ever come across them. I get this funny feeling of "not trusting them 100%". I know it's just me, but replacing your own judgement with technology, gets harder as you get older!
lindar

1 - 20 of 32 Posts