Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a new Note NTec+In the luggage area at the back I noticed the rear seats have some velcro strips to attach the rear parcel shelf flap (according to the owners manual).
However, although I've got the velcro strips my shelf does not have a flap at the back. This means that if the rear seats are pushed forwards there is a gap in the parcel shelf area.
I'm not really bothered about it but is this the same arrangement as others have?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nope, mine has a cloth-type-thinghanging between the real parcel shelf and the seats.

Is it not rolled up under the shelf or something? I only ask as I got mine used, not new, and don't know how they leave the plant

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
my tekna is the same iirc the modus has the flap of material (back seat is a renault design nissan borrowed)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies
I was passing the Nissan showroom this afternoon and they told me the Notes no longer have the flap which is why I couldn't find it! The salesman said they changed the design about a year ago but he would swap mine for one from secondhand Note if I wanted
Decided not to bother!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm surprised the manager of my dealership hasn't yet - the number of queries I've had in the last 4 weeks - my partner says I have a bad case of newcaritis

·
Registered
63 Posts
katieb said:
I've got a new Note NTec+In the luggage area at the back I noticed the rear seats have some velcro strips to attach the rear parcel shelf flap (according to the owners manual).
However, although I've got the velcro strips my shelf does not have a flap at the back. This means that if the rear seats are pushed forwards there is a gap in the parcel shelf area.
I'm not really bothered about it but is this the same arrangement as others have?
SNAP !
I have an n-tec+ and mine does'nt have the flap either. I asked when I got the car, and was shown all the other cars in the showroom did'nt have them either. When I considerd that the difference in price between the n-tec and the n-tec+ was only £100, and you consider what extras have been added, I was'nt going to argue.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have a 59 n-tec and they had stopped with the flap then. I have found that we don't need it when we move the seats, to get the bigger boot, as the dark windows block most of the view.

·
Registered
109 Posts
my 57 plate tekna DOES have the flap but it also has the airlane type trays on the back of the seats which later models dont have, the model changed in 2008 and some bits were changed, guess the parcel shelf was one of them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Acenta R had the flap on the parcel shelf and it was a nightmare because it wouldn't stay rolled up. I was very pleased to find that this flap has been omitted from our new Ntec+.
Agreed there is a gapbut the dark windows hide it.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Mine is an 08, and has the flap.
What is doesn't have is anything to cover the big hole in the floor behind the seat.
If you move the seat forwards to give the dog some room, she can fall down the hole at the back

Could have done with overlapping boards that you could move outwards instead of the two fixed bendy board thingies.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi All In all fairness with a bit of ingenuity and some inexpensive cloth, velcro and a sewing machine im sure anyone can make this piece of gap covering cloth, plus as the parcel shelves these days are made from recycled cardboard etc, you could either glue or staple your gap covering on too

·
Registered
63 Posts
Albops said:
katieb said:
SNAP !
I have an n-tec+ and mine does'nt have the flap either. I asked when I got the car, and was shown all the other cars in the showroom did'nt have them either. When I considerd that the difference in price between the n-tec and the n-tec+ was only £100, and you consider what extras have been added, I was'nt going to argue.
I've just managed to buy a parcel shelf, in great condition and with the flap, on ebay for £3.20 ! (and £4.85 for a courier).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts