Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.i have a stop/tail light bulb blown.on removing the two bolt screws the owners manual says to pull and lift/lift and pull.however the cluster seems to move slightly but does not come off.can anyone tell me is this the correct way to remove the cluster or is there any other easier way?thanks

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
No problem. Don't drop the cluster they are b(**dy expensive.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Dazza2393. Did mine a couple of days ago, there's a black clip at the top of the light cluster on the inside face near to the rubber boot seal close to boot hinge, take this off too. The light cluster needs to be pushed backwards towards the rear of the car. Mine took a bit of a sharp shove, don't let the cluster dangle as it has particularly sharp plastic edges that put scratches on the ar!e end of your car, like mine did! oops.I used the link above posted by Nigel B.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had the same problem myself until I saw the YouTube video (search Nissan Note raer light cluster removal). The answer lies in knowing about the black connector between the top horizontal reflector and the vertical cluster. After removing the 2 fixing bolts, disconnect at this joint with the twist of thecareful use of a fine screwdriver, then the cluster pulls off.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Try this. It works for me.
1. Remove black upper plastic cover near tailgate hinge - lever it out to centre of car, carefully.
2. Loosen 2x bolts securing lamp to boot aperture flange but don't fully remove yet.
3. With two hands slide a cotton tea towel under the lower edge of the lamp and work it side to side, upwards, until you can feel it contact the lower of the two snap fasteners holding the lamp to the car (the towel won't move any further up).
4. Grasp tea towel firmly with two hands and tug rearwards until the lower snap fastener releases.
5. Discard tea towel and grip lamp body with two hands, pull rearwards gently and horizontally until centre snap fastener releases.
6. Beware damaging the black plastic connector piece which attaches to the upper roof trim section.
7. Avoid straining the upper roof trim as the plastic sliders are easily broken (done it, have the tee shirt).
8. Remove the two bolts.
9. Lamp can be detached from car but avoid straining connector piece and/or the wiring loom.
10. Unclip bulbholders from lamp body and remove lamp assembly as req.

* Sometimes the upper roof trim comes away with the lamp. If so, beware the plastic connector piece.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks, it worked well once I became brave enough to give the towel a manly tug. You should add point 11. Hide the greasy tea towel before the wife finds it.

Have a great New Year.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
it stays in place - undo the 2 bolts and pry the top of the light with a plastic trim tool where the cluster meets the reflector (the cluster has a 2 prong catch that clips into the reflector)

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Personally I undo the bolts and pull the bottom off the two poppers, put the new bulb in my mouth, then hold the lamp cluster in my left hand, and bat the roof reflector rearwards with my right, remove the whole lot outwards, undo the bulb holder with right hand, get the bulb out with a bit of two hand shuffling, chuck it in the boot, fit the new bulb and replace the lot. (The objective is not to let the cluster dangle as the soft plastic will scratch the paint to bare metal
)

It helps if you use Chinese quality bulbs, as they go so often that you get the knack easily, and the light doesn't get the chance to stick in place

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
once you break the top clip in -it becomes easy, the drivers one on mine was a pig as its never been off

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
One of our members "Coolhands" did a film of himself removing the offside rearlight, and posted it on "you tube". So have a look on there. I realise it was a month ago from the last posting, but he makes it look easy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You need somthing called a Tool Trim to get one side of the light out it goes under the light and wedges it out after you have undone the 2 bolts and took the black piece of plastic off the top next to the gas strut
Cheers Jason

1 - 18 of 18 Posts