Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to adjust the rear hatch catch plate (or is it the striker plate?) My hatch seems to need a pretty good slam to close properly.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes it has 2 screws and if you loosen them you can move it a bit. Theres also 2 bolts on the catch on the actual hatch and you can do the same with them. They dont adjust much but enough to adjust it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
only 2 things spring to mind,

1, is the rubber seal damaged and getting trapped when shutting the boot?, this might explain it being hard to close gently, check this first as its the easier option...

2, adjustment is wrong on the catch

dont think the loop on the floor is adjustable but the catch on the boot lid should adjust slightly,
normally 2 or 3 bolts to slacken and move the catch

downside would be that you could create a gap which will cause the boot to rattle, thats more annoying than having to slam the boot lid shut

move the catch as much as it will travel to see if it then shuts without slamming, then move it slowly back, tighten the nuts, try shutting again, adjust until you are happy with the closing then road test to see if you get the rattling long job but be patient,

·
Registered
19 Posts
It may be that nothing needs adjusting
My new Note had this issue and I took it to the dealer. He said they'd noticed this with all Notes and said it was caused by air pressure preventing a soft close
He demonstrated this by opening the rear passenger door and lo and behold the hatch shut really easily
I was concerned at the time I might damage the lock but have now got the knack of closing it easily, as well as big muscles!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine does exactly the same! I used to drive a lorry with exactly the same problem. Unless a door window in the cab was open the door would not close properly. Unless you thrashed it John Cleese style

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Small car, large hatch and the displaced air has to go somewhere.

A slam is the only option unless you have a window open in which case an easy closing hatch is a giveaway that you have left something else ajar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts