Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If, like me, you ever need to replace the bulb, or complete rear fog light on your Note, be advised it is not a trivial job. You need to remove the entire rear bumper assembly before you can get at the bulb holder.
However, if you work through thefollowing, it isn't too daunting:
1. Open the tailgate and remove the 10mm bolts at the bottom of the light clusters and the ones below those which retain the bumper to the body.
2. Under the bumper, remove the four black plastic studs which hold the bottom of the bumper to the car.
3. Remove the rear wheel arch liner from each side. Four Philips screws hold the wheel arch trims behind the back wheels, then another screw secures the bumper to a fixing bracket. This is below the bottom wheel arch trim screw. There are three plastic nuts holding the wheel arch liner on, plus two stud fixings. Remove the nuts and pop out the studs. N.B. You may need to remove the rear wheel(s) to get at the bottom arch liner screw and it makes life a lot easier to do this anyway.
4. Pull the arch liner away from the body next to the bumper. There is another 10mm bolt holding the bumper on under the liner at the top of the rear part of the wheel arch. Remove these.
5. You should now have a very loose bumper. Ease the bumper out at the sides to disconnect it from the fittings on the body. Lift and bend it gently until it disengages. Get someone to help you with this bit as it makes the job much easier.
6. The bumper will come away far enough on one side now to get at the light fitting. Disconnect the bulb holder (twist fit) and remove the bulb.
7. In with the new bulb. Reconnect and check that it works. If all OK, reassembly is the reverse of the above.

All a bit of a pain for a simple bulb change, but much cheaper than getting Mr Nissan to do it for you. You may find it necessary to replace the black plastic fasteners when putting things back together as they tend to snap when being removed unless they are very new.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi all,I know I'm a little late to the party but I think I need to add something to the above post (IMHO).

In my recent (fitting a tow-bar) experience I've found that the fog light assy can simply be removed from the bumper by using a flat blade screwdriver to prise out the right-hand side spring-clip which then gives you the opportunity to unhook the left side of the unit.
No need to remove the bumper on my Note.
Use a bit of card with the screwdriver if you wish to protect the plastic bumper.

·
Registered
238 Posts
As we all know most men don't read instructions/handbooks; if you find time and look in the owners handbook you'll see a small diagram showing exactly what NEEBLAMMERS has described. The method in the original post seems a bit OTT .

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
mine has a piece of foglight missing on the right hand side

It was adamant that it wasn't coming out, I was more adamant that more force was required.

Eventually, the spring clip came off on the inside, and I got it out.

Not easy.

Harder than changing the stoplight bulb, but about 50 times easier than changing the headlight bulb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts