Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping someone can offer advice. I have an 06 Note and the rear passenger door lock has broken whilst the child lock was engaged meaning we cannot open the door at all - we have two young children and need the door working. We have taken this to our local garage who have said they cant help and would have to go to Nissan. My fear is this would cost a small fortune for them to fix - any ideas of elsewhere I can go or a DIY option?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just heard from our local Nissan Dealer - they want £107 just to look at it??? No promise they can even fix it - any advice would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
it could be some thing simple like a links come loose
you will have to take the back seat out then get the door card off you should be able to get atthe linkage

107 quid to look at it is a joke, where abouts are you in the country ??

worst ways you can stick the booster/baby seat in the front but turn the airbag off, there isa key hole on the side of the dash to turn the airbag off(06 mite not have this tho as its a early note)

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - I am in Watford, tbh we need the door working - our local garage are very good and used them for years but they didnt want to touch it. For the £107 we get an hour, Nissan have told us they will take a look and advise us our next steps - if they can fix it in an hour they will. Is it easy to remove the back seats? if so I might give it a go as if I can dis-engage the child lock and get the door open our garage are happy to do the rest at a resonable price.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you only need to remove the bottom part the seat cushion is on a wire frame this is cliped it place give ita good tug from the back edge and it unclips
Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you - I will try it tonight, if I do end up going to Nissan should they be able to dis-engage the child lock within the hour? (sorry for all the questions)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for your help - I guess it will be a suck it and see, my experience of dealerships tells me I am about to pay £100for almost nothing to be done to the car and to be told I am looking at £££'s for a fix.
Oh joy :(

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Can you pull away the rubber trim on the inside, and then bend a strip of tin so it will feed into the door frame and push the switch for the child lock off?

Use the other side as a pattern where to feed your strip.

For £107 I'd spend quite some time poking stuff into the door gap.

Otherwise remove the door trim (not easy) and operate the lock from inside the door.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The advice given so far has all been good, if you take it to the nissan dealer he would only remove the door cover and gain access to the linkage from the handle to the lock, , I would take my time and do it my self

1 - 10 of 10 Posts